Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope that things will be fine (when this leg of tour is about to start), but if they have to cancel any or all..then I would hope that the whole tour is cancelled immediately.
And, the new album will be released sooner so they can go to tour and support it next year.

I hope that things will be fine (when this leg of tour is about to start), but if they have to cancel any or all..then I would hope that the whole tour is cancelled immediately.
And, the new album will be released sooner so they can go to tour and support it next year.

moe like they will postpone the tour and further delay a new album haha

the entire tour will be postponed until 2021 delaying the album by another year
They tend to want to do a tour as a follow up/promotion to a new album. I presume that if they can't tour then they won't be releasing a new album.
They are an established "classic" band and don't need to keep their fan base warm with regular releases.
I'm actually worried about the impact of covid-19 on them. They are in the risk group, being elderly males. Will they all survive?

If Paris goes into lockdown then Bruce might have time to work on his solo album. Or write another book.
Probably just more “quality time” with the girlfriend and 1 or 2 new Trooper beers, but we can hope.

If the summer tours get canceled, they really ought to just go ahead and release the album already...

With the growing list of travel restrictions it will be next to impossible for all of Iron Maiden plus their sound people to all gather in the same place for any more recording. Bruce is in Paris, Steve lives in the Bahamas, Dave lives in Hawaii, Nicko lives in Florida and Kevin Shirley is probably in Australia. They won't all be able to reach the studio in Paris to finish this album. Perhaps if the recording is finished Steve could work on it in his Caribbean mansion, but that could turn out badly. This pandemic and tour cancellations will not give Iron Maiden a chance to finish recording the next album.

Do not delude yourselves.

As far as we know the album is finished and basically sitting on a shelf waiting for release. (French fan meeting them at the studio and Kevin saying they just had a bit of mixing to finish up)

If LOTB is cancelled/postponed then they could change gears and move the album release earlier. The only logistical problem might be getting physical copies in shops if countries are on lock down. (though in that situation digital sales would increase significantly)

As far as we know the album is finished and basically sitting on a shelf waiting for release. (French fan meeting them at the studio and Kevin saying they just had a bit of mixing to finish up)

If LOTB is cancelled/postponed then they could change gears and move the album release earlier. The only logistical problem might be getting physical copies in shops if countries are on lock down. (though in that situation digital sales would increase significantly)

Yeah, no. You don't just record and mix an album and then it's finished. There's a wee bit of marketing involved if you want to sell it to people.

Yeah, and there's no reason that they can't get the marketing going to build up hype for the new album, do interviews on the phone or Skype etc

Last edited:
Yeah, and there's no reason that they can't get the marketing going to build up hype for the new album, do I interviews on the phone or Skype etc

Marketing is much more than promotion. Have you ever read the album credits in the liner notes? What do you think all these people and companies listed there do? Make coffee?

With the growing list of travel restrictions it will be next to impossible for all of Iron Maiden plus their sound people to all gather in the same place for any more recording. Bruce is in Paris, Steve lives in the Bahamas, Dave lives in Hawaii, Nicko lives in Florida and Kevin Shirley is probably in Australia. They won't all be able to reach the studio in Paris to finish this album. Perhaps if the recording is finished Steve could work on it in his Caribbean mansion, but that could turn out badly. This pandemic and tour cancellations will not give Iron Maiden a chance to finish recording the next album.

Do not delude yourselves.
Kevin Shirley said he was done with that album. He didn't say Maiden, but that it was but an unnamed but not very secret project. There is no more recording, mixing or anything. Just promotion and release.

Kevin Shirley said he was done with that album. He didn't say Maiden, but that it was but an unnamed but not very secret project. There is no more recording, mixing or anything. Just promotion and release.

"Just promotion and release" is quite a big process that involves a lot of people, companies and decisions. This is arguably a much more difficult thing to do right now than record and mix some music.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back