Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
But what's the point of remastering such recent releases? Weren't they already mixed and produced with modern equipment?
Well, Dance Of Death sounded pretty bad in places and benefited from a remaster, and two of those albums are from a similar time period...

Well, Dance Of Death sounded pretty bad in places and benefited from a remaster, and two of those albums are from a similar time period...
But live albums? They sound fine to me. I should remember that some of this is probably all about the money though. OK, I'm probably getting too far off topic now.

*Looks at that space Nicko referred to and sees nothing new.

Remastering isn't remixing. DoD benefited from a remaster because the original was mastered way too loud and was clipping all over the place, but none of the live albums have that issue. Remasters generally only change very little so any concerns with the mix of any of the live albums is probably beyond the scope of what a remaster would fix.

But what's the point of remastering such recent releases? Weren't they already mixed and produced with modern equipment?

They were remastered to sound as good as possible for the various media they were being re-released on, digital downloads and vinyl. The original releases would have been mastered to sound good on the main formats at the time CDs.

Remastering isn't remixing. DoD benefited from a remaster because the original was mastered way too loud and was clipping all over the place
True, but you can also play games with EQ to emphasize or de-emphasize instruments in certain places. They appear to have done this in spots on the remastered DoD to clean up some particularly muddy areas.

I’m generally not that into live albums, so I don’t know what issues these albums may or may not have. I bought ARLO and ARDO when they came out, and they were so terrible that I never listened to another Maiden live album afterward, aside from the Flight 666 Blu-Ray.

I’m generally not that into live albums, so I don’t know what issues these albums may or may not have. I bought ARLO and ARDO when they came out, and they were so terrible that I never listened to another Maiden live album afterward, aside from the Flight 666 Blu-Ray.

All the other live albums are great, give them a shot! Unless you dislike live albums in general that is.

What is the riff that's played at the 1:30 spot? It seems I've never heard it. Is it something exclusive to the game? I don't actually play the game so I wouldn't know. Or could it be a little taste of the next album? Or I'm just forgetting what song it's from.

Yup, it's RTTH, I was thinking either Drifter or Twilight Zone. It just sounds odd because they use the instrumental tracks in the game. Usually you won't pay attention to all the riffs because they are overshadowed by Bruce's vocals.

That's definitely does not sound like RTTH at the 1:30 spot. Can you tell me where the same riff is in the original?
It's most likely a live version, which makes sense, seeing as they're talking about Rock In Rio in the video, but that is 100% Run to the Hills. Play the studio version also at the 1:30 mark and those two parts actually happen to match up at the exact same time.

It's most likely a live version, which makes sense, seeing as they're talking about Rock In Rio in the video, but that is 100% Run to the Hills. Play the studio version also at the 1:30 mark and those two parts actually happen to match up at the exact same time.
OK, now I hear it. I don't always pay attention to what's being played when Bruce sings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back