Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
not me, but if you're going to do something, do it well. Why some albums and not others?

I'm not sure why DOTR is overlooked but ARLO and ARDO are hit and miss, although ARLO does have the version of FOTD that made it a classic fan favourite. Donington is really for the most part a duplication of the set from ARLO and half of ARDO .

On the other hand, I agree with you about doing it well and glossing over albums is not something you'ld expect from Maiden.

I like the intentionally bad sound on ARLDO, and there's some interesting performances of songs that aren't on any other live release like WED or Remember Tomorrow. Because of the more interesting set I much prefer it to Donington '92, although the album version of that I swear sounds worse than the video one (it's on YouTube in VHS quality) which is kind of odd. ARLDO definitely has some terrible-ass performances from Bruce though.

Overall I'd say that the Sledgehammer bootleg from '90 is just about better than any of the official releases from the early 90s. More interesting set (even if it is missing 22AA and BYDTTS) and surprisingly good performances all round.

Album 17: I am wandering what Eddie will look like. What is his next incarnation? Will they follow the tribal/cultural vein the way they did for TBOS or will they go for something more abstract like BNW? If album 17 is the last album, is there going to be a special treatment for Eddie?

Album 17: I am wandering what Eddie will look like. What is his next incarnation? Will they follow the tribal/cultural vein the way they did for TBOS or will they go for something more abstract like BNW? If album 17 is the last album, is there going to be a special treatment for Eddie?
Nobody knows the answer to any of these questions. Just wait to find out.

TBOS is the best Eddie since the SSOASS era. Arguably FOTD is equally good and iconic but the Eddie on TBOS looks more like Eddie.

I hope that whatever they go for, they have Eddie looking like Eddie as he did on TBOS.

TBOS is the best Eddie since the SSOASS era. Arguably FOTD is equally good and iconic but the Eddie on TBOS looks more like Eddie.

I hope that whatever they go for, they have Eddie looking like Eddie as he did on TBOS.

Best walk-on Eddie of the reunion era, for sure.

Top 5 speculations on what Eddie will look like for album #17, 3 least favorites. GO!

Top 5 speculations on what Eddie will look like for album #17, 3 least favorites. GO!
1. Majesty Of Gaia Eddie
2. @Collin ’s Avatar Eddie
3. Powerslave II Eddie
4. Cowardly Old World Eddie
5. The Gen-X Factor Eddie

I don't know if I am the only one, but I don't like the SSOASS Eddie. All the Eddies from Killers to SIT are better than him. The prophet Eddie on the other hand is very good and should have been the album cover.

I don't know if I am the only one, but I don't like the SSOASS Eddie. All the Eddies from Killers to SIT are better than him. The prophet Eddie on the other hand is very good and should have been the album cover.
I dislike both. It may look stupid, but the cover does influence my approach of Maiden albums, and my lack of enthusiasm for 7th Son's cover made it harder to get into the album at the time. And the first side being rather mediocre (with the brilliant exception that is Infinite Dreams) didn't help.

In Moonchild, Can I Play with Madness and Evil ? I hear average songs; at the time, they made me fear the worst for the album, but B side is a masterpiece.

Moonchild and The Evil That Men Do are very good songs, Can I Play With Madness not so much. Infinite Dreams is top 3 IM songs for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back