Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a thought but late October/early November is the time when the European festivals like Download tend to announce headliners. This raises the possibility of an album announcement and tour announcement in one maybe even with a single release (Day of the Dead) at the same time. Maiden usually play Download pretty regularly and they haven't been there since 2016.

I'm not sure if they would release an album so quickly after the announcement.
After a cursory google, it seems 3-6 months of notice for the last few albums is the norm.

So if they do announce an album this fall, maybe a Spring release with Summer tour?

I dont thing Day of the Dead will have anything to do with it.

Two albums in a row based on themes from North/Central America? Can’t see that happening.

Well they already did. And though El Dorado is a mythical South American city of gold, the song is a modern day take on the greed that led to the Great Recession of 2008/9.

Whether Day of the Dead (if indeed it does exist) has anything to do with the Americas it should not be discounted because there were 1-2 songs about something remotely related on a previous release. Just look at poor Charlotte....

I don't buy the Day of the Dead thing solely because the leaked announcement came with the standard PR for the name already. Why would they have written all of that out if it wasn't actually gonna be used because the beer will actually coincide with a new song release instead and that's where the name comes from? It just doesn't add up.

Also consider the talk about a third leg of LotB and Bruce and Steve's plans for the upcoming year and it definitely seems to me we'll be waiting a while for new album news. I'd like to believe that the release of album no 17 is imminent, but it's not looking very likely, unfortunately.

I don't buy the Day of the Dead thing solely because the leaked announcement came with the standard PR for the name already. Why would they have written all of that out if it wasn't actually gonna be used because the beer will actually coincide with a new song release instead and that's where the name comes from? It just doesn't add up.

Also consider the talk about a third leg of LotB and Bruce and Steve's plans for the upcoming year and it definitely seems to me we'll be waiting a while for new album news. I'd like to believe that the release of album no 17 is imminent, but it's not looking very likely, unfortunately.
What talk of LOTB3 and what are Bruce and Steve's plans for the upcoming year?

What talk of LOTB3 and what are Bruce and Steve's plans for the upcoming year?

Bruce has 4 book tour dates lined up in February and March and Steve would be playing with British Lion in one of those rock cruises in February. Not sure if such a limited burst of activity would have any impact on Iron Maiden's new album release date though.

Bruce has 4 book tour dates lined up in February and March and Steve would be playing with British Lion in one of those rock cruises in February. Not sure if such a limited burst of activity would have any impact on Iron Maiden's new album release date though.
I agree. Iron Maiden won't be touring in February and March, at least not in Europe anyway. Plenty of time to release an album.

Everyone looks like favoring a new album and tour, but I for once, would love to the see the Legacy tour one more time. Last year's shows were among the best of the 15 or so I've seen since 1988 when I watched my first one. Personally I wouldn't mind waiting for a few more months just to be able to see one more Legacy show.

I wouldn't be surprised if LOTB became the "brand name" for all future between-albums greatest hits style tours.

Sounds plausible. After all, previous three history tours were techically under the "History of Iron Maiden" title, even though it didn't surface in the official tour titles.

How many such tours they have left is, of course, a different matter. :D

If anything this could suggest a 2020 LOTB leg is not on the cards. A third leg would surely visit Asia and Australia as the tour has not been taken to those parts of the world and Maiden historically tour those regions starting in February/March.

If anything this could suggest a 2020 LOTB leg is not on the cards. A third leg would surely visit Asia and Australia as the tour has not been taken to those parts of the world and Maiden historically tour those regions starting in February/March.
Not always: in the booklet of A Real Live One, it is printed they visited Australasia between mid-October and early November. But maybe it has not been the case for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back