Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Brigantium

Grim Reaper
Staff member
The spin on the beer website is that Day of the Dead is to honour the Mexican festival of the Day of the Dead since Maiden are going to be in Mexico and South America.

The Day of the Dead festival takes place between 31st Oct and Nov 2. Which times in with the beer release.

However, Maiden play Mexico on 27th -30th of September, a month earlier and the tour finished on 15th of Oct more than 2 weeks earlier. How much Trooper is exported to South America, would it be enough to justify a new label?

I think this explanation from the brewery is a red herring and the beer is still related to the album. I think it being the album title is more likely than anything else associated with the album.
I find it far more likely that DotD is a nod to Maiden's incredibly passionate Latin American fanbase than an album of the same name. Sounds way too close to DoD.

phantomoftheicarus

Bleeding Freak
I find it far more likely that DotD is a nod to Maiden's incredibly passionate Latin American fanbase than an album of the same name. Sounds way too close to DoD.
Exactly. We've had many different Trooper variants before, just because this one is going to be released possibly around the time of a new album means fuck all. It would be cringey to release a beer with the same name as an album or single at the same time in my opinion

UpTheIrons

Educated Fool
Just a thought but late October/early November is the time when the European festivals like Download tend to announce headliners. This raises the possibility of an album announcement and tour announcement in one maybe even with a single release (Day of the Dead) at the same time. Maiden usually play Download pretty regularly and they haven't been there since 2016.

Courbet

Prowler
I'm not sure if they would release an album so quickly after the announcement.
After a cursory google, it seems 3-6 months of notice for the last few albums is the norm.

So if they do announce an album this fall, maybe a Spring release with Summer tour?

I dont thing Day of the Dead will have anything to do with it.

Whooten

Ancient Mariner
Two albums in a row based on themes from North/Central America? Can’t see that happening.
Well they already did. And though El Dorado is a mythical South American city of gold, the song is a modern day take on the greed that led to the Great Recession of 2008/9.

Whether Day of the Dead (if indeed it does exist) has anything to do with the Americas it should not be discounted because there were 1-2 songs about something remotely related on a previous release. Just look at poor Charlotte....

Ruflux

Ancient Mariner
I don't buy the Day of the Dead thing solely because the leaked announcement came with the standard PR for the name already. Why would they have written all of that out if it wasn't actually gonna be used because the beer will actually coincide with a new song release instead and that's where the name comes from? It just doesn't add up.

Also consider the talk about a third leg of LotB and Bruce and Steve's plans for the upcoming year and it definitely seems to me we'll be waiting a while for new album news. I'd like to believe that the release of album no 17 is imminent, but it's not looking very likely, unfortunately.

Black Wizard

Cereal Litigator
I don't buy the Day of the Dead thing solely because the leaked announcement came with the standard PR for the name already. Why would they have written all of that out if it wasn't actually gonna be used because the beer will actually coincide with a new song release instead and that's where the name comes from? It just doesn't add up.

Also consider the talk about a third leg of LotB and Bruce and Steve's plans for the upcoming year and it definitely seems to me we'll be waiting a while for new album news. I'd like to believe that the release of album no 17 is imminent, but it's not looking very likely, unfortunately.
What talk of LOTB3 and what are Bruce and Steve's plans for the upcoming year?

GhostofCain

Ancient Mariner
What talk of LOTB3 and what are Bruce and Steve's plans for the upcoming year?
Bruce has 4 book tour dates lined up in February and March and Steve would be playing with British Lion in one of those rock cruises in February. Not sure if such a limited burst of activity would have any impact on Iron Maiden's new album release date though.

Black Wizard

Cereal Litigator
Bruce has 4 book tour dates lined up in February and March and Steve would be playing with British Lion in one of those rock cruises in February. Not sure if such a limited burst of activity would have any impact on Iron Maiden's new album release date though.
I agree. Iron Maiden won't be touring in February and March, at least not in Europe anyway. Plenty of time to release an album.

Aggelos

Trooper
Everyone looks like favoring a new album and tour, but I for once, would love to the see the Legacy tour one more time. Last year's shows were among the best of the 15 or so I've seen since 1988 when I watched my first one. Personally I wouldn't mind waiting for a few more months just to be able to see one more Legacy show.