Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that “Day Of The Dead” will be the album’s first single... but maybe the title of the entire album? Idk.

If the album really is called DotD then we won't hear it in our lifetimes. It will be spiritually streamed into our afterlife consciousness the second we give our last breath and play in it's entirety. The moment the last note of the album rings the time will slow down infinitely and we will be left with this sweet heavy metal feeling, lingering from here to eternity. And that is heaven.

If the album really is called DotD then we won't hear it in our lifetimes. It will be spiritually streamed into our afterlife consciousness the second we give our last breath and play in it's entirety. The moment the last note of the album rings the time will slow down infinitely and we will be left with this sweet heavy metal feeling, lingering from here to eternity. And that is heaven.
Sounds good to me!

No thanks, I don't want Steve Harris' idea of what good production sounds like to be the last thing I hear.

I don't think so. With the beer confirmed today it seems weird to later announce a album with the same name.

The spin on the beer website is that Day of the Dead is to honour the Mexican festival of the Day of the Dead since Maiden are going to be in Mexico and South America.

The Day of the Dead festival takes place between 31st Oct and Nov 2. Which times in with the beer release.

However, Maiden play Mexico on 27th -30th of September, a month earlier and the tour finished on 15th of Oct more than 2 weeks earlier. How much Trooper is exported to South America, would it be enough to justify a new label?

I think this explanation from the brewery is a red herring and the beer is still related to the album. I think it being the album title is more likely than anything else associated with the album.

I think this explanation from the brewery is a red herring and the beer is still related to the album. I think it being the album title is more likely than anything else associated with the album.

The beer might, or might not, related to the release of a new album, but I always find quite funny how every quote in press releases whenever Maiden releases anything sounds as if it were Rod pronouncing those words…

TROOPER Brand Manager, Sam Kennerley, said (or was asked to say by Rod?): “We are delighted to be bringing our loyal drinkers a new, limited edition, look for our award-winning TROOPER. The timing couldn’t be more ideal with Day of the Dead just around the corner and IRON MAIDEN continuing on their sell-out Legacy of the Beast world tour with stadium & arena shows, fittingly, in Mexico and also Brazil (Including 100,000 people at Rock In Rio), Chile & Argentina in September & October. We hope that our drinkers will enjoy the tribute we have paid to Mexico’s time-honoured tradition and will pick up a bottle whilst it is available between October and November.”

I think that “Day Of The Dead” will be the album’s first single... but maybe the title of the entire album? Idk.

I prefer to be album's first single. (we already has an album with a similar title).

The last 2 albums had only one single (video for SOL, but not for El Dorado.... we have a video for TFF without S15 instead). Maybe this time they will release 2 singles like the good old times, who knows...

*EOTC was released as a single for Record Store Day in 2016.

Can we move on from speculation based on a beer title, please? It's getting exceptionally silly.

This is "They will play Alexander the Great due to a mosquito in the stained glass window" level of silly.

Can we move on from speculation based on a beer title, please? It's getting exceptionally silly.

This is "They will play Alexander the Great due to a mosquito in the stained glass window" level of silly.

It's hardly silly. It's entirely plausable.

The spin on the beer website is that Day of the Dead is to honour the Mexican festival of the Day of the Dead since Maiden are going to be in Mexico and South America.

The Day of the Dead festival takes place between 31st Oct and Nov 2. Which times in with the beer release.

However, Maiden play Mexico on 27th -30th of September, a month earlier and the tour finished on 15th of Oct more than 2 weeks earlier. How much Trooper is exported to South America, would it be enough to justify a new label?

I find it far more likely that DotD is a nod to Maiden's incredibly passionate Latin American fanbase than an album of the same name. Sounds way too close to DoD.

I find it far more likely that DotD is a nod to Maiden's incredibly passionate Latin American fanbase than an album of the same name. Sounds way too close to DoD.

Exactly. We've had many different Trooper variants before, just because this one is going to be released possibly around the time of a new album means fuck all. It would be cringey to release a beer with the same name as an album or single at the same time in my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back