Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really like this 'Day of the Dead' rumour. I like the concept of it. An album of what's beyond. A revelation that there is no liberation. Just another form of dystopia. Corruption and enslavement of poor dead souls...

I really like this 'Day of the Dead' rumour. I like the concept of it. An album of what's beyond. A revelation that there is no liberation. Just another form of dystopia. Corruption and enslavement of poor dead souls...

Like, Dance of Death or The Final Frontier?

Starting to think, that Maiden can use days off during the Legacy Of The Beast Tour, for shooting some extra promo for the upcoming album. I know, that the band don't like to do promo videos these days. But there are a lot of days off - and they can at least to do a proper photoshoot for an album. If memory's correct - in Book Of Souls album booklet they use an old photo of the band from 2012. But maybe something additional can be done for promotial campaing for an album... Promo video with band at the level of Rammstein - Deutschland - that's what we can only dream about. Also I thing that they should release more than 1 song before album release (Metallica release 3 songs before Hardwired To Self-Destruct, Rammstein - released 2 songs before self-titled album, Slipknot -release 3 songs before We are not your kind) - so the recent tendency is to extensive promotion of new material - and I think Maiden have some problems with that during recent album releases (please stop to make an old CGI promovideos). But who am I, and who is Rod Smallwood. At the end of the day - it's only music that matters. What do you ladies and gentlemen think about that? Whould like to hear some thoughts from you.

From a marketing perspective, perhaps IM would be wisest to release / monetize individual songs, then throw 'em in a new album (along with a few unreleased songs) half-a-year later. So... IM could release a "Day of the Dead" song -- along with a Day of the Dead beer, shirts, DoD gaming add-ons, etc. tomorrow. I'd download the song (and so would you), so it would make $$ -- and if the song is a hit (which could happen), it would boost awareness / attendance during their concert tour. Win-win.

They could do this 3+ times... then, release the album with new stuff as well. (Or maybe the album has slightly different versions of those songs.) Might drive more revenue than the "older" biz model, since album sales ain't what they once was.

They could do this 3+ times... then, release the album with new stuff as well. (Or maybe the album has slightly different versions of those songs.) Might drive more revenue than the "older" biz model, since album sales ain't what they once was.

Yuck. I think Maiden has enough of a track record of doing things 'their way' this would just alienate their fanbase and be a stain on their legacy. A big one.

They will release an album, and do a tour. Thats enough-

Sadly I don't believe it - it's easier not to say anything, something like this may be hype-killer so it would be stupid from marketing point of view

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back