Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I fucking love that "and then TELL me what you see" bit especially because of the pure venom in his delivery on the "tell" part, probably by total accident. It sounds absolutely hilarious.
:lol:
that energy when you jump on stage at Donnington…

I like the backing vocals on TBOS, would love more of that.

I’m glad they are leaving out the background on flight of Icarus though. I always found the Bruce choir to be one of the more obnoxious aspects of the song. The modern version sounds much heavier and raw. Love it.

Idk if I’d be interested in a whole song with him on vocals but giving him a bridge or something would be cool. I loved the little lead vocal parts he had on PRR.

I fucking love that "and then TELL me what you see" bit especially because of the pure venom in his delivery on the "tell" part, probably by total accident. It sounds absolutely hilarious.

Anyway, to bring it around to the topic at hand, will we see more extremely subtle Adrian & Steve backing vocals on studio album 17 like we did on TBOS? I figured they were late stage overdubs added after Bruce got his diagnosis and was out of commission but they were still funny little additions if you ask me. In case you have no idea what I'm talking about, check out When the River Runs Deep, specifically parts of the first verse.

Bruce was not diagnosed until he came back to the UK once the recording on the album had finished.

Who knows if we'll get more backing vocals from Steve and Adrian? The subtle ones on AMOLAD give a nice touch.

I love many short songs , post-reunion. “Fallen angel”, “wicker man”, “rainmaker”, “Montsegur”, “If eternity could fail” (take out the intro and it is a typical short song), “death or glory”, “tears of a clown” , “ghost of the navigator” (does this count or is it too long?) , “Mother Of Mercy” e.t.c . An album full of songs like “Ghost of the Navigator” would be amazing but so would be a triple album full of 10+ minutes songs. Maiden are simply great post-reunion, for me a fan since the mid-eighties that hates their NPFTD/FOTD period.

Bruce was not diagnosed until he came back to the UK once the recording on the album had finished.
He returned once his recording had finished. Meaning, he did not add anything later. That was it.

He suspected something was wrong during his studio time. And continued recording afterwards. We cannot exclude the possibility that he wanted to finish his main work as soon (and as good) as possible and that (at least) some of his backing vocals were given less priority (meaning: were not done) than seeing a doctor a.s.a.p. instead.

He returned once his recording had finished. Meaning, he did not add anything later. That was it.

He suspected something was wrong during his studio time. And continued recording afterwards. We cannot exclude the possibility that he wanted to finish his main work as soon (and as good) as possible and that (at least) some of his backing vocals were given less priority (meaning: were not done) than seeing a doctor a.s.a.p. instead.

He stayed in Paris until they finished mixing the last song (Empire of the Clouds). By then all recordings had been completed.

Who knows if we'll get more backing vocals from Steve and Adrian? The subtle ones on AMOLAD give a nice touch.
The subtle ones were good too. If they're gonna leave them in as obvious as TBOS then I'd kind of hope it'd just be Adrian since he's more on key and has better control over his delivery. Steve's delivery tends to be a bit rough around the edges and it's rather noticeable when he's too up in the mix.

What I really long for is Bruce doing proper harmonies on a few sections, but I get the feeling he prefers the one voice approach these days and Shirley certainly doesn't seem to care for them.

The subtle ones were good too. If they're gonna leave them in as obvious as TBOS then I'd kind of hope it'd just be Adrian since he's more on key and has better control over his delivery. Steve's delivery tends to be a bit rough around the edges and it's rather noticeable when he's too up in the mix.

What I really long for is Bruce doing proper harmonies on a few sections, but I get the feeling he prefers the one voice approach these days and Shirley certainly doesn't seem to care for them.

Bruce doing harmonies would be great, Adrian doing backing vocals would be brilliant too, and the lower Steve's voice is in the mix, the better!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back