Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand the secrecy, to be honest. I'm not sure what the point is. When other bands record albums and post updates or teasers from the studio, it generates just as must interest and hype among fans, in my experience.

I suspect it's to keep media and fan attention on the Legacy of the Beast Tour. While Maiden are over there touring they will probably have to do some extra promotional work but will want to keep interviewers focus on the current tour rather than talk about the next album. I reckon that many people know about the album already - in terms of industry people, journalists, musicians - but know better than to tell someone else's story. In the case of journalists, they might not get access to Maiden for interviews again if they don't stay on topic.

AC/DC are doing the same, they are recording in secrecy.
In fact there's no news in their website since Malcolm's death.

Last edited:
AC/DC are doing the same, they are recording in secrecy.
In fact there's no news in their website since Malcolm's death.

I quite like that approach, as it takes me back to the days when I got into music and you would learn about new releases from magazines or radio shows. As much as I enjoy studio documentaries, in my humble opinion the whole 21st century social media information overload takes away the mystique of music creation.

Last edited:
Joe Bonamassa's new album at Abbey Road is no more! Recordings postponed to January 2020 as a result of Anton Fig breaking some bones.

Time to speculate about what Kevin Shirley will do with the free time. :D

Time to get that guest solo in by Joe Bonamassa on H's blues album...

:D

P.S. Lots on injuries in bands Kev's been producing... (Nicko's arm, Bruce's leg, Anton's leg...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back