Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iron Maiden set to release NEW Triple Album by September 23rd 2019. With a total runtime of 205 minutes and 22 seconds it's the longest of the band's career.

Smith on the record: we wanted to go back to the roots of penning shorter songs so we made 58 of them. Bloody Brilliant, reminds me of when I came into the band and recorded Wrathchild. We tried to recapture that

Iron Maiden set to release NEW Triple Album by September 23rd 2019. With a total runtime of 205 minutes and 22 seconds it's the longest of the band's career.

Smith on the record: we wanted to go back to the roots of penning shorter songs so we made 58 of them. Bloody Brilliant, reminds me of when I came into the band and recorded Wrathchild. We tried to recapture that
Steve Harris: of course there will be one big epic... for all our fans in a certain Balkan country, "Warrior on a Horse". And we'll play it live!

to be fair which short songs since the reunion have actually been good? i tend to 2 and thats it

every attempt at a fast paced song kind of failed

Different World could have been amazing if not for "tell me what you can..." totally trashed it

Especially the live backing vocals...

I fucking love that "and then TELL me what you see" bit especially because of the pure venom in his delivery on the "tell" part, probably by total accident. It sounds absolutely hilarious.

Anyway, to bring it around to the topic at hand, will we see more extremely subtle Adrian & Steve backing vocals on studio album 17 like we did on TBOS? I figured they were late stage overdubs added after Bruce got his diagnosis and was out of commission but they were still funny little additions if you ask me. In case you have no idea what I'm talking about, check out When the River Runs Deep, specifically parts of the first verse.

I fucking love that "and then TELL me what you see" bit especially because of the pure venom in his delivery on the "tell" part, probably by total accident. It sounds absolutely hilarious.

Anyway, to bring it around to the topic at hand, will we see more extremely subtle Adrian & Steve backing vocals on studio album 17 like we did on TBOS? I figured they were late stage overdubs added after Bruce got his diagnosis and was out of commission but they were still funny little additions if you ask me. In case you have no idea what I'm talking about, check out When the River Runs Deep, specifically parts of the first verse.

Well, the most prominient backing vocals not done by Bruce are the bridge of Death Or Glory, where H doubles "like the devil" and "like a monkey" parts. I liked that effect. Shame, he didn't do it live.

I think we might see more of H's backing vocals on this album. Even live, he started singing the whole choruses and the MIIIIIIDNIGHT's on 2MTM towards the end of the tour and bridge of Wicker Man. But he didn't sing FOI's BV, which were badly missed IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back