Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, the band has to be happy with Mark Wilkinson's work on The Book of Souls, it was pretty much universally lauded as the best Eddie since...uh. Well, IMO since SSOASS

For me, it's one of the best ever Eddies, and with FOTD the only classic Eddie since The Clairvoyant (before that practically every Eddie is great).

All I ask for is that Eddie looks like Eddie again as he does on TBOS.

I'd like to see another Hugh Syme experiment with Eddie. The ultimate Eddie (The Legacy of the Beast Tour) made for a spanish illustrator I think. He also designed some Blaze album covers. It's a great monster, is it the idea taken for the Lord of the Rings 1? But if not. Mark Wilkinson is a great illustrator since the last 70's I think. But Even him has recognized that the best illustrator for Eddie is his creator Derek Riggs. He has very respect for him and for many illustrators he said in an interview I read.

The ultimate Eddie (The Legacy of the Beast Tour) made for a spanish illustrator I think.

Interesting. Do you know more about that. His name? Which album covers he has done for Blaze?
Mark Wilkinson is a great illustrator since the last 70's I think. But Even him has recognized that the best illustrator for Eddie is his creator Derek Riggs. He has very respect for him and for many illustrators he said in an interview I read.

Yeah, he is a big fan of Derek Riggs. His favorite covers are Killers and A Real Live One/ARLDO in 1998.

So we have a list of Illustrators that have worked for Maiden:
Derek Riggs
Melvyn Grant
Mark Wilkinson
Hugh Syme (Not an illustrator but he creates The X Factor album and singles)
Steve Stone (designed the futuristic London in BNW album cover - only the Eddie head is from Derek Riggs)

Dave Patchett (Dance of Death album cover)
Tim Bradstreet (A Matter of Life and Death album cover)
Dan Mumford (his illustration of flight of icarus for The Legacy of the Beast Tour 2018, maybe a t-shirt? a print? poster?)
Herve Monjeaud (for several t-shirts and events designs)
Alberto Quirantes (The Legacy of the Beast Tour)

Last edited:
So we have a list of Illustrators that have worked for Maiden:
Derek Riggs
Melvyn Grant
Mark Wilkinson
Hugh Syme (Not an illustrator but he creates The X Factor album and singles)
Dave Patchett (Dance of Death album cover)
Tim Bradstreet (A Matter of Life and Death album cover)
Dan Mumford (his illustration of flight of icarus for The Legacy of the Beast Tour 2018, maybe a t-shirt? a print? poster?)
Herve Monjeaud (for several t-shirts and events designs)
Alberto Quirantes (The Legacy of the Beast Tour)

A little correction:

Steve Stone (designed the futuristic London in BNW album cover - only the Eddie head is from Derek Riggs)

^he is a digital artist.

So Kev's latest Instagram posts suggests that work on IM17 is done, as he's away from Paris and seemed to be working on something for Joe Bonamassa. I believe our last sighting of anyone in Paris was around 26th May? (Kev getting a croissant 12km from the studio)

There was a interview with Nicko for modern drummer but he didn't give anything away about the album. Seems that now we're playing the waiting game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back