Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder if Kevin Shirley is done in Paris. His latest instagram post could be interpreted that way.

Based on him leaving Paris but still not seeing the family for a bit, and heading to London I reckon he's either got a mix room booked in London to mix Maiden, or he's starting another unrelated project.

Based on him leaving Paris but still not seeing the family for a bit, and heading to London I reckon he's either got a mix room booked in London to mix Maiden, or he's starting another unrelated project.

He might be finishing the Maiden album (i.e. mastering) in London or he might be starting a different project. I guess we will have to wait and see until we see his London Instagram posts.

In those albums the sound of bass and drums are too loud and sometimes looks there is only one guitar in the mix. I have to say that I never heard an album with better sound than Powerslave and Piece of Mind. I can hear all the instruments equally there.

He might be finishing the Maiden album (i.e. mastering) in London or he might be starting a different project. I guess we will have to wait and see until we see his London Instagram posts.
Yes, pretty much this. All we know is Kevin is done in Paris, and with the various redacted posts from him and others, plus myriad sightings of every member of Iron Maiden (except maybe Dave) in Paris gives us a pretty good feeling that an album is happening.

Coming back to a couple of posts ago, Primal Rock Rebellion sounds better than anything released by British Lion.

Although music is not a competition, I wholeheartedly agree.

It saddens me to say this, but British Lion might be the most disappointing thing ever released by a Maiden member. :(

Music wise, but overall, let's not forget about Iffy Boatrace.

Still, let's tighten up the discourse a bit.

In those albums the sound of bass and drums are too loud and sometimes looks there is only one guitar in the mix. I have to say that I never heard an album with better sound than Powerslave and Piece of Mind. I can hear all the instruments equally there.
I would even stretch your selection from Killers to Powerslave.

Best production? Piece of Mind - SSOASS and Brave New World. Fear of the Dark has very good production also.

with those albums I mean the albums produced by Kevin Shirley. Bass and drums beat everything else. I always said that the drums sound since Fear of the Dark are terrible and the sound is darker and confused and maybe is by the Steve hands in the production and his guidelines. It's my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back