Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
As for how I know Smith’s opinion it is obvious that he wants more polished sounding albums, I think he has vaguely expressed that in some of his interviews.

You're right he has said that, several times.

The problem is that you, and many others down through the years, then jump to the wild conclusion that this means what Adrian wants is exactly what you want. I'd take a listen to his solo albums, none of them sound great.

That's very true, although I do really like his guitar sound on Primal Rock Rebellion. There is probably a sentiment that if Adrian was in charge we'd get something that sounds like Somewhere In Time or Seventh Son, which probably wouldn't be the case.

the sound of Maiden in the last 15 years or so.
I don't quite get this. To my ears every album since the reunion has a different sound. Like all the pre-reunion albums. Some are better than others in all our opinions.

In terms of a petition, ridiculous notion. I would lose respect for the band if they explicitly did what the/some fans asked. It would never happen but if they responded publicly to a petition in terms of changing their creative process*, I would start a petition for them to reverse the decision and ban anyone that signed the previous petition from buying gig tickets. Never going to happen, though.
I like Maiden, they don't know me nor do they owe me anything and I want to hear what they come up with, for better of worse.

* If they ever did one of those 'Fans Pick The Setlist' things, I wouldn't have a problem with it. Although I wonder if they would publish the real results considering Infinite Dreams would certainly make the cut.

You're right he has said that, several times.

The problem is that you, and many others down through the years, then jump to the wild conclusion that this means what Adrian wants is exactly what you want. I'd take a listen to his solo albums, none of them sound great.

Primal Rock Rebellion sounds great. A bit compressed perhaps, but better than many much more expensive productions.

And this is another reason to question if they would publish the real figures. Did people really vote for 3 Blaze era songs and Iron Maiden? Maybe. Maybe not. Obviously I would not expect them to drop Iron Maiden even if people didn't vote for it. Still, no Rime? Really? Good set anyway. The People chose quite wisely.

Most fans want to hear Wrathchild, not Infinite Dreams.
Possibly true.

It's too late, but english speaking fans should create online petition about the way albums are recorded ('live' thing) and produced, or keeping Steve away from mixing desk. I think band would take a note. Suddenly Smith's "polished" opinion would gain strength. Of course, the petition should be compiled correctly. Sending a mass message to a band in the internet age is very easy.

I do not mean to sound rude, but this thing about a petition is a rather stupid idea. What next? Let the fans mix the album??

I think that Kevin is doing a good job for the most part and I am thankful of having him as Maiden's producer having had to endure with the sound of the stuff released by the band during the 90s!

In the spirit of keepin this thread off topic, Herr Cain, how was the vote done? I was in the FC at the time and following things in the media but I cant remember the vote. I may well have voted. Probably voted for Deja Vu and Judas Be My Guide. Quite the fail.

So let's keep this one on topic. Talking about production is on topic. Tour speculation isn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back