Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Private talking, some forums indeed. I know few people who are in cooperation with Phantom Management. All the arguments are about marketing and media (information) policy. That's no musicians fault. As many people've observed few times before - official infos and statistics in circumstanes were wrong or just random, selective. Even in the case of European shows 2018 they recap tour attendance with incomplete figures (and reliable to a real state from the July 22nd - find article about forthcoming British Tour and Spitfire - available on official website from July 24th 2018). Many things from the band's camp've just existed in media circuit many weeks before official site's statement (the latest example is Trooper Nitro and many other merch items).

But so called 'the final cut' was the American tour announcement. Originally they planned to announce some dates on February 11th 2019, all with some proper opening bands. Things went wrong when management decided to share the announcement on the first weeks of November last year (recon Ozzy's and Kiss' farewell dates were revealed in the same period or so). Something weird :(

Private talking, some forums indeed. I know few people who are in cooperation with Phantom Management. All the arguments are about marketing and media (information) policy. That's no musicians fault. As many people've observed few times before - official infos and statistics in circumstanes were wrong or just random, selective. Even in the case of European shows 2018 they recap tour attendance with incomplete figures (and reliable to a real state from the July 22nd - find article about forthcoming British Tour and Spitfire - available on official website from July 24th 2018). Many things from the band's camp've just existed in media circuit many weeks before official site's statement (the latest example is Trooper Nitro and many other merch items).

But so called 'the final cut' was the American tour announcement. Originally they planned to announce some dates on February 11th 2019, all with some proper opening bands. Things went wrong when management decided to share the announcement on the first weeks of November last year (recon Ozzy's and Kiss' farewell dates were revealed in the same period or so). Something weird :(
So, they will probably announce a few more Brasilian shows on this date. I think they had some kind of deal with RIR that they announce the other shows in Brasil later, so they can sell more tickets.

This is not new.

So who was against announcing the tourdates in November? It is not clear from your post...

Brasilian additional dates should be announced in April, local media mentioned about three cities: Sao Paulo, Curitiba and Salvador. I don't know the personal data, but original idea was about February announcement, the logical step in this situation. That was pretty obvious media and public attention in the US will be focused on Kiss and Ozzy's farewell dates, announcing Maiden dates nerbly the same time (as we noticed) was some kind of suicidal solution. Maybe some fans buy tickets for Maiden show on the nearest Summer, but - we don't know. Problematic situation.

Brasilian additional dates should be announced in April, local media mentioned about three cities: Sao Paulo, Curitiba and Salvador. I don't know the personal data, but original idea was about February announcement, the logical step in this situation. That was pretty obvious media and public attention in the US will be focused on Kiss and Ozzy's farewell dates, announcing Maiden dates nerbly the same time (as we noticed) was some kind of suicidal solution. Problematic situation.

I think there was an outbreak of fisticuffs the last time Steve and Rod met! :lol:

I think Rod is over to Steve with boxing skills, Steve is the smashing football player - may kicking the knees :) Every rumour gets some truth.

Phew. A crisis is to a strong word for that.

I work in marketing & management and this kind of argument we have every day. To be honest - when no one is arguing about things like that I'm checking if they're reading emails.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back