Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, all those fake song titles and all...
"Be My Antagonist"
"Longing for Heaven"
"Where No Man Has Gone Before"
"Beyond the Eye Can See"
"Catastrophe of a Thousand Light Years"
etc.

:lol:..... what were the other 5 ? :p

:lol:..... what were the other 5 ? :p
1. "Beyond The Eyes Can See" Adrian Smith, Harris 4:17
2. "Where No Man Has Gone Before" Smith, Harris 5:52
3. "Higher And Faster" Smith, Harris, Murray 7:34
4. "The Antagonist" Janick Gers, Harris 6:07
5. "Longing For Heaven" Smith, Harris, Dickinson 6:58
6. "Murky Space Race" Dickinson, Harris 7:36
7. "Catastrophe Of A Thousand Light Years" Dave Murray, Harris 8:29
8. "The Final Frontier" Gers, Smith, Harris 14:09

This was the one floating around back then.

1. "Beyond The Eyes Can See" Adrian Smith, Harris 4:17
2. "Where No Man Has Gone Before" Smith, Harris 5:52
3. "Higher And Faster" Smith, Harris, Murray 7:34
4. "The Antagonist" Janick Gers, Harris 6:07
5. "Longing For Heaven" Smith, Harris, Dickinson 6:58
6. "Murky Space Race" Dickinson, Harris 7:36
7. "Catastrophe Of A Thousand Light Years" Dave Murray, Harris 8:29
8. "The Final Frontier" Gers, Smith, Harris 14:09

This was the one floating around back then.

Damn, I got the antagonist one wrong. Anyway, we shall see what will happen next time...

How about... :D

1. The Light in the Abyss (Smith/Dickinson) 6:13
2. The Torturer (Gers/Harris) 4:35
3. Worth the the Fight (Smith/Harris) 6:24
4. After the Storm (Gers/Dickinson/Harris) 7:47
5. The Child Who Lost His Way (Smith/Harris/Dickinson) (6:47)
6. Abbey of Thelema (Dickinson) 7:03
7. The Well of Tears (Murray/Harris) 6:45
8. Night of Reckoning (Smith/Harris) 5:03
9. Those Who Look Upon... (Harris) 9:32

Maybe there's some potential for a similar game as the "ULTIMATE LOTB SETLIST" contest was earlier this year... Maybe when the LOTB run ends...

Last edited:
I think it's certain that Maiden will start to write material for a new album in early January 2019, since Steve has said that. I mean.... and he is the boss.

Let's also hope Janick will write more than two songs - he is fantastic songwriter and on the previous 2 albums he has written two of the best epics (The Talisman and The Book of Souls) in Maiden's discography/history.

I think it's certain that Maiden will start to write material for a new album in early January 2019, since Steve has said that. I mean.... and he is the boss.
Except he didn't. What he said was that they would get together in early 2019 (not specifically January) to start discussing ideas and themes for a new album. These are very vague expressions that could mean many things, including actually writing new material, yes, but still he never actually confirmed this.

Dance of Death is a top 5 Maiden song to me. It's one that could easily be played every tour, it's so good. Janick's best song by far, in my opinion.
Wholly agreed. It's my favorite reunion era track and absolutely stands with the best of their 80s output if you ask me.
I disagree, as there are 30 other reunion-era songs, and 16 other Janick songs, that I prefer over it. It's good, but not mindblowing.

I agree with these parts, but Book of Souls is my favourite of all Janick's songs and overall one of my favourite Maiden songs.

Book of Souls is a great song, but it's a little too "wordy" for me. The long vocal part that ends in "destruction begins..." is a bit tedious. But after that from the point where the Losfer Words-y riff kicks in, the song is A+++ guitargasm.

Plus the story told by the lyrics of Book of Souls isn't the greatest, kind of hard to follow. The Dance of Death story, though, is great.

The first half of "The Book of Souls" is the better half IMO. The lyrics are great despite not being clear-cut. "Dance of Death" has a lot of great build up but the story has a disappointing ending. He just... runs away. Wow. The music is better, and Bruce's stage theatrics are the real kicker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back