Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if they would something similar to what they did before TFF chasing the elusive n.1 in the u.s billboard. Go in the studio in the beginning of 2019 , record the new album and then bring the legacy tour in the U.S with the addition of a new song just to have the tour serve as a pseudo promotion of the upcoming album. Of course in 2020 they would have a proper new album tour worldwide.

I would be surprised if they didn't go "back to the roots" one last time on the forthcoming album. It would be the opportunity for them to reboot some of the FOTD setlist. Besides, it would make sense that aging Steve Harris kind of mixed the respective sounds of IM and British Lion, and go towards a more hard rock sound (than current "heavy-prog" sound).

I'm not reading 100 pages of this threat to keep up, just giving my opinion on what their 17th album should be: good! The Book of Souls is not only their best post-reunion album, it's one of their best period. One of the things BoS has going for it is energy. Final Frontier felt like they had to be in the mood to play fast, and BoS feels like they're trying to restrain themselves from playing too fast. All of the songs are riff heavy and driving, especially the "Losfer Words" breakdown in the middle of the title track. I want another single disc album with that energy distilled. I don't care about song length or quantity, just song quality. I want to hear Bruce singing as well as he is on this current tour and I want to hear them make an album that'll make us all go "fuck me, how're they going to play that live?" And then they do!

I want a new album inspired by literary works.
1. Night Watch
2. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
3. Slaughterhouse-Five
4. The Plague
5. The Trial
6. Roadside Picnic
7. Small Gods
8. The Tartar Steppe
9. Solaris
10. At the Mountains of Madness

My wishes for the new album: [I assume that there will be 10 songs.]

- I want a fast opener of Wicker Man style. (3-4 minutes) or maybe a short rocker like Wrathchild (2-3 minutes).
- 1 or 2 epics (7-8 and 9 minutes) and one of them to close the album.
- one slow song (ballad/power ballad) - 4-5 minutes.
- 2,3 songs with length of 4-5 minutes. (like Rainmaker,Different World, The Alchemist....)
- one song that will show us the essential Maiden style (from the 80's, around 5 minutes) - very melodic tune with great chorus.
- the traditional mid-tempo song (6 minutes).
- one song from the type of: GOTN, TCDR, DOG... (5-6 minutes).

Last edited:
I want more Star Trek;

1. Where No Man Has Gone Before
2. The Wrath Of Khan
3. The Devil In The Dark
4. Mirror Mirror
5. What You Leave Behind
6. Future Inpefect
7. Way Of The Warrior
8. Space Seed
9. The Enemy Within
10. The Doomsday Machine
11. All Our Yesterdays
12. The City On The Edge Of Forever

Well, except the one that is a movie title from TOS.

khaaan.jpg

I wonder if Maiden will write a song about Eddie :confused:

SSOASS is a masterpiece concept album, but I think that for a band is good to release only one concept album, but no more..... I dunno, that is how I look up the things. I want songs with different thematics - I want to know more and more about the band interests. Like on TBOS album - it has songs about the Mayans, the R101 airship, the meaning of life.... and I like when so many thematics are going on through the songs and with composers like Bruce who is one of the most intelligent people, add Steve too, and we have a magic ! Well, AMOLAD and TBOS were kind of like a concept albums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back