Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure IM are gonna do one more studio album + farewell tour; given that Bruce's voice is slowly deteriorating and Nicko will be turning 66 in a few days, they won't be active for much longer.

I'm pretty sure IM are gonna do one more studio album + farewell tour; given that Bruce's voice is slowly deteriorating and Nicko will be turning 66 in a few days, they won't be active for much longer.
I would say that people could have made a similar argument 10 years ago, but there is a difference between 66 and 56.

Lol people have saying that about Nick since he was about 40. And about retiring since the X Factor.

Is there anything we could really point to as an indicator for thematic overtones for the album itself? And if not, can we just pretend there is and then just say what we want the thematic overtones to be?

Is there anything we could really point to as an indicator for thematic overtones for the album itself? And if not, can we just pretend there is and then just say what we want the thematic overtones to be?
After warfare, space and South American mythology, I would not be surprised by an ultimate return to a rather "urban" thematic (IM and Killers).

Last edited:
Playing God, finality, and oblivion/extinction. What comes next has got to be very weighty or else it'll look like cheap cabaret.

Well, Neal Peart's body gave up around 63, so there's some precedent to be concerned about.
Im sure Nicko could go on a few more years. Chris Slade turned 71 at the end of the Rock or Bust tour. Slade has tour dates well into 2019 so he will be playing all the AC/DC songs while pushing 75.

The next Maiden album will be called Ending of Time or something like that, and they will insist it's not their last.
Neither were "Dance of Death", "Brave New World" and "The Final Frontier"

And I don't expect it to be the focus of the album as a whole, but I feel that they need to have one song on the subject of modern anti-fascism. A tune to punch Nazis to.

Last edited:
No chance. Too big a conservative and populist following. They could do an actively big flaming apocalyptic theme, that would work.

As long as they don't decide to go "street" and kick Adrian out again, it should be fine. :huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back