Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
British Lion then Bruce solo. Starting to doubt we'll get another Maiden album.

British Lion then Bruce solo. Starting to doubt we'll get another Maiden album.

I'm rather optimistic about a thought that they'll release the album relatively soon after The 2019 leg of Legacy tour. They'll have plenty of time between legs anyway. Then again, if Bruce will use that time for his solo release, I wouldn't complain about that either. In any case, the band has had such a great vibe going on following the release of TBOS (good news about Bruce, the tour was such a success etc.) that I believe will carry on to the writing process of the next album. Rediscovering some older stuff and more recent gems on the next tour supports that and there you go...

If one last Maiden studio album comes out, it probably won't be before 2020, considering that the LOTB tour will continue through 2019 and the fact that the last 2 albums have come out with a big time gap between them (2010-2015)-AMOLAD also in 2006...

I’m actually starting to doubt we’ll see another Maiden album.

If they were really serious about putting an album out it really would just take them a couple of months locked in a studio and hey presto, new album. These guys are so experienced at writing and recording new music they could easily fit writing and recording a new album into the Maiden schedule.

Especially after Steve’s recent comments about dvd not selling I reckon it’s just not profitable right now to bother releasing a new album. I can see the band just touring now until the end. Any leftover songs from the book of souls (which I’m sure I’ve read the band said they had a few) and any other new songs they may have worked up will be saved for a box set when the shows all over.

I hope I’m proved wrong as I’d love a new album. It’s frustrating to hear the band in interviews saying stuff like “we know time isn’t on our side so we need to get a move on” yet the gaps between albums just get longer and longer. From 2000-2006 we got 3 albums. The 11 years after AMOLAD we’ve had a further 2. When bands like Saxon can release quality albums every 2 years it really does put maiden to shame and those guys are a lot older than the maiden guys. Heck even Deep Purple have managed 2 studious albums since 2013 and they seem to be on the road all the time!

Unfortunately, I think you're on to something, Wayne.

The gaps between albums are maddening. I really thought that the new albums would pick up in their "pre-retirement" period and the worldwide tours would drastically shorten...instead of the other way around.

I think they'll use material dropped from past albums and work from there. TBOS was very ambitious ignoring the fact that is a lazy band (sorry but it's true) and they don't practice before start working.

I hope I’m proved wrong as I’d love a new album. It’s frustrating to hear the band in interviews saying stuff like “we know time isn’t on our side so we need to get a move on” yet the gaps between albums just get longer and longer. From 2000-2006 we got 3 albums. The 11 years after AMOLAD we’ve had a further 2. When bands like Saxon can release quality albums every 2 years it really does put maiden to shame and those guys are a lot older than the maiden guys. Heck even Deep Purple have managed 2 studious albums since 2013 and they seem to be on the road all the time!
I agree with the whole point but, as a meagre consolation, TBOS was supposed to be released roughly one year before it actually was, which makes similar gaps between AMOLAD and TFF and TFF and TBOS.

I’m actually starting to doubt we’ll see another Maiden album.

If they were really serious about putting an album out it really would just take them a couple of months locked in a studio and hey presto, new album.
Who says they haven't got one under their belts already? ;)

...that was my optimistic two cents. :D

I think they'll use material dropped from past albums and work from there. TBOS was very ambitious ignoring the fact that is a lazy band (sorry but it's true) and they don't practice before start working.

If they were “lazy”, they wouldn’t bother touring so much at their advanced ages. They wouldn’t even bother with new material at all. They certainly don’t need the money. The merchandise buck$$$ will keep rolling in forever.

Why do people doubt we will see another Maiden album? Bruce has hinted strongly towards a new album while doing his book tour. Rod hinted towards a new album during their UK tour this year and Kevin Shirley said they might have studio work in the future.

Doesn't sound like a band that won't do a new album.

Maiden (as a band) might but be lazy when it comes to choosing setlists, but that is it. I don't know how you can call a bunch of senior citizens who tour the world and still outperform bands half their age with onstage energy "lazy".

Taking forever on new material is simply the new norm for any older band. They don't need to prove themselves by releasing an album every year and they make far less money on recording/releasing than they do on touring. Just because we don't get an album every year (or every other) doesn't mean the band is lazy.

I'm pretty sure the person with the most say on when Maiden goes into the studio is Rod Smallwood. The nostalgia tours are way too popular and profitable to pass up. It might seem a little old fashioned and a bit silly for a band at Maiden's level, but it is a routine that has worked for them. They also have a large touring crew that relies on Maiden for income. The speed and method Maiden use to write and record new music makes it pretty obvious that laziness has nothing to do with it. They could easily make a new album once a year, but there are other factors that are larger than the 6 musicians in the band.

Yeah. if Maiden wasn't a band with 40+ years behind them they would need to release albums more frequently (like they did in the 80s) in order to go out and tour them...but now they're at that time in their career that they can do "history" and "legacy" tours....so a new album isn't necessarily needed anymore.

You know, Rod always struck me more as the kind of person who'd have a fit about money being spent than the kind of person who is actively going out pushing every last moneymaking idea. Maybe that's my Yorkshireman stereotype prejudice coming out. Maiden have passed on some potentially really easy money gimmicks (like photograping the FC members' names on Ed Force One and selling prints to pretty much every FC member who had their name on it). Some things about Maiden's business operation strike me as a little cheap, halfhearted and inconsistent. The fan club, for one thing, seems to be run on a shoestring. Some would say this is part of 'keeping it real' etc.

A really pushy management company would go much, much further. Maiden's business model looks more like squirelling away all the cash, saving stuff for their retirement, and only chancing money on the bare minimum of guaranteed-win ventures. Assuming there is any kind of model, and not just something scribbled on the back of a beermat. Even the launch/introduction of the Legacy game went off half-cocked and the game isn't anywhere near as near as glossy and high profile as it could be, considering that this is a band that hired a personalised 747 to tour the world.

But I agree with what Mosh says about there being more to the business than the six famous guys, they have a commitment to keep that going too.

Like someone already pointed out, they don't have to make a new album every year. Maybe the fact that they can enjoy more spare time is the reason they are still active. The 80s wore them out, and they are quite old now. A little rest is surely great for them. Less pressure as well.

Well, that's my perception. It's no because they have to put a album every year or tour their asses every month. I'm talking about the studio effort. The band don't practice before enter the studio and surely the albums could be good but come on. There are many unnecessary parts on the album and some uninspired and I don't feel they're giving the 100 percent there In comparative to TFF. As I said before that's my perception.
Don't need to be rude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back