Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always kinda wanted them to do the all-metal, balls out, "dark", relentlessly pushing no-nonsense album, yet still identifiable as Maiden. Like Train of Thought, sorta. Which in their case would probably sound mostly like some 80's speed metal (Walls of Jericho, Tales from the Twilight World, Restless and Wild) at most, but I'm still toying with the idea that I'd want to hear Nicko doing blastbeats.

However as the (probably) last album it's absolutely out of the question. And even if it wasn't the last one, it'd be too much of "fucking with the formula" so to speak anyway. Oh, well...

EDIT: I actually wrote this before Connor19 wrote that.

Dont know where in the world you guys are but here in the UK its 1 day to go (aka Belshazzars Eve)

So whats the drill tomorrow - once we get the announcement are we going straight into IM18 rumours or are we speculating about setlists for a few months first?

Judging by past experiences, people will complain about an album they haven't even heard yet based on track lengths, writing credits, song titles and number of songs, then there will be a competition for the craziest way to hype yourself into believing Alexander the Great will be in the setlist based on no real-world reason at all.

Yeah, people are already complaining about the alleged title of the album.

Personally, yes Writing on the Wall is a cliché (which is no stranger to Maiden, though), but okay. If it really turns out to be the last album, it has that eerie fatalistic vibe that would fit that, IMHO.

I'd probably like it more in plural, Writings, sounds better to me that way.

Scott Ian of Anthrax posted a video on Instragram with him wearing a Belshazzar's Feast shirt.
Oh maybe this Belshazzars Thing is a Metal Project with a couple of Artist an Maiden is a part of it? Maybe it has nothing to do with an new Album. But anyway.. there will be an new Album very soon. The writings on the Wall are too clear ;)

I was so far removed from the thought of a new album. After watching Bruce's invitation video I did not even register it as something remotely related to new material. To be honest (as most of us) I really hate waiting for a couple of months to get a new album. I'd rather not know beforehand. Maybe... a day before or something...with streaming too!

Ok, so this will be something interesting:
Join us: Thursday - 10am PDT Thursday - 1pm EDT Thursday - 2pm BRT Thursday - 5pm UTC/GMT Thursday - 6pm BST Thursday - 7pm CEST Thursday - 10:30pm IST Friday - 1am CST Friday - 2am JST Friday - 3am AEST

Word "join us" may indicate that theories about some kind of stream may be real.

Also: "WOTW" changed into "TWOTW".

Wow.

Honestly, Belshazzar's Feast would be a killer of an album title.

A Biblical reference, but not one that would be too recognisable or clichéd, it goes with the vague spiritually-political warnings that Maiden do from time to time (this time probably warning about the downfall of civilisations in general), it's Goth enough so that even Brucie Crowley would begrudgingly accept it (or at least interpret it in his own way)...

And it's poetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back