Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pay attention to the capitals...

Is it possible that "daniel" is changing the header photos to photos of capital cities and there is something behind that? Where are those 2 photos from?

The first one seems like an parking lot of an arena/stadium... The second? No idea.

Pay attention to the capitals...

Is it possible that "daniel" is changing the header photos to photos of capital cities and there is something behind that? Where are those 2 photos from?

The first one seems like an parking lot of an arena/stadium... The second? No idea.
First photo was near Long Beach Arena,
About capitals - it's probably about capitals letters. He used them only two times. "Tell" and " Willem. Tell " and it took us to Guillaume Tell Studios.

Ah! So what we're looking at is a 40th anniversary edition of The Number of the Beast coming next year. And in Dolby Atmos!
Imagine the fan response to that! There would be riots and cities would be set afire... Military superpowers would eventually clash and WW3 would last 40 years. I hope they take that into consideration! /s

I wish Maiden would just put out a press release with album information and news like any other band.
One word: HYPE! It's more interesting and fun with the clues imo.
Babylon tower on the roof.
They're gonna put every album cover (on their Instagram stories) with a hint on it? It has a problem, they already used their most obvious hints - WOTW sign and the tower. :p

So one album cover edited with a hint to WOTW each day takes us roughly to the 19th, so is the 15th going to bring a countdown of 4 days to the unveiling of info on the new album?

11 days to go... until the announcement. Scenarios for last 2 albums were:

The Final Frontier. (10 weeks (66 days) between album announcement and it's release)
8 June 2010 - artwork, album title, track list, release date, El Dorado were revealed.
13 July 2010 - The Final Frontier song and music video released.
13 August 2010 - TFF album release.

The Book Of Souls. (11 weeks (78 days) between album announcement and it's release).
18 June 2015 - artwork, album title, track list, release date announced.
14 August 2015 - Speed of Light song released along with the music video.
4 September 2015 - TBOS album release.

So with similar pattern we can expect a new 17 album IM 10-11 weeks after it's announcement - 24 September or 1 october release date. Question is how many songs are we gonna hear until album release, one song is not that much during these days, that band gives us 2-3 songs from forthcoming album. And I really doubt that we'll hear a new song on 15 july.

Yeah, it is kinda odd that Shirley has been at the knobs all this time and the only really outstanding sounding album in the last 20 years is BNW. That album sounds absolutely fantastic. I'm a dork audiophile so I listen to everything through like really nice MartinLogan speakers and BNW is still hands down the best production/mastering job I've heard in the entire canon. Either Kevin or Steve must've gotten lazy starting with DoD because that's when you can start hearing things like unintended distortions and fuzz. None of that on BNW. And then of course there's the fiasco of not mastering AMOLAD. Amazing album but flat as board in sound and dynamic. Would really like to hear that finally mastered. IT's their Justice I guess lol.
I love the sound of BNW, I agree it is one of, if not their best sounding album. I know that AMOLAD doesn't sound traditionally "good" but for whatever reason it works for me; I wouldn't say that I like the production but I feel it fits the atmosphere of the songs. And the rest of the Shirley/Maiden stuff just struggles to rise to the level of mediocre.

I love the sound of BNW, I agree it is one of, if not their best sounding album. I know that AMOLAD doesn't sound traditionally "good" but for whatever reason it works for me; I wouldn't say that I like the production but I feel it fits the atmosphere of the songs. And the rest of the Shirley/Maiden stuff just struggles to rise to the level of mediocre.
BNW sounds majestic awesome and I agree with you, AMOLAD's sound just fits the mood.

DOD actually sounds pretty vibrant to my ears, the first two songs leap out of the speakers for example.

TFF sometimes sounds a bit lifeless and I wonder if it was the knackered old studio they used that was partly to blame?

BOS just sounds strange and muted to my ears. Once it gets going and you lose yourself in the album then its OK. But if a BOS tracks come up on shuffle especially with other artists playing beforehand, BOS sounds prehistoric.

Reactions: jcv
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back