Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tim Burgess teasing us again this morning.

Who would've predicted a few years back that The Charlatans lead singer would be so involved in promotion of the new Maiden album? Funny how things turn out...

Yes, I'm struggling to consolidate the baggy hooded tops and basin cuts of early 90s right-on Madchester indie with promoting an Iron Maiden album :D I know The Charlatans did turn more rock, though

Edit: mind you, I definitely went through a Madchester phase. It was way better than the alternative, which was neon lyrca and rave music, and both were sticking two fingers up to Stock, Aitken and Waterman off-the-peg pop.

Aaaand here we go again WOTW is on the first album as well . Pic taken from maiden's Instagram stories as you can see

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-07-03-16-04-44-367_com.instagram.android.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-07-03-16-04-44-367_com.instagram.android.jpg
    874.6 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Daniel has new background photo. So it's parking Long Beach Arena parking.
Live Forever? Live After Death remastered again confirmed?
Live Forever (from the poster) = Live After Death
Aaaand here we go again WOTW is on the first album as well . Pic taken from maiden's Instagram stories as you can see
This is another hint made by Maiden. WOTW is not on the debut album cover (not on the 1998 cover too).

Yes, I'm struggling to consolidate the baggy hooded tops and basin cuts of early 90s right-on Madchester indie with promoting an Iron Maiden album :D I know The Charlatans did turn more rock, though

Edit: mind you, I definitely went through a Madchester phase. It was way better than the alternative, which was neon lyrca and rave music, and both were sticking two fingers up to Stock, Aitken and Waterman off-the-peg pop.

Their big hit reminds me a lot of Hush-era Deep Purple, might just be the hammond sound though

I would be massively surprised if they didn't just bang out the whole album in two or three weeks, use all Bruce's guide vocal takes instead of doing it properly, get Kevin Shirley to mix it until it sounded half-finished, ignore Adrian's pleas to add some reverb to things to actually make it sound nice, shout "JOB'S A GOOD 'UN LADS, SEE YER ON TOUR" and then tell us all in interviews that the reason they got through it so quickly was because the magic in the studio almost made them feel like they were back working on Number of the Beast rather than because Steve doesn't give a shit about fixing mistakes or adding pesky modern shit like 'production' because "y'know, Iron Maiden are in essence just a great live band and we really just wanted to capture that on record, y'know" even though we all know we'll get live versions of most of the songs anyway on the stop-gap 3 LP live album coming out three years down the road.

Cynical? Me??

Despite how it may seem I am actually still very excited about this whole thing and loving the breadcrumb trail they're leaving us...
Yeah, it is kinda odd that Shirley has been at the knobs all this time and the only really outstanding sounding album in the last 20 years is BNW. That album sounds absolutely fantastic. I'm a dork audiophile so I listen to everything through like really nice MartinLogan speakers and BNW is still hands down the best production/mastering job I've heard in the entire canon. Either Kevin or Steve must've gotten lazy starting with DoD because that's when you can start hearing things like unintended distortions and fuzz. None of that on BNW. And then of course there's the fiasco of not mastering AMOLAD. Amazing album but flat as board in sound and dynamic. Would really like to hear that finally mastered. IT's their Justice I guess lol.

I don't think it's weird at all Burgess is a Maiden fan. Everyone is! I still remember the beginning of Maiden's eternal cool factor really kicking in...Evan Dando (Lemonheads - uber cool alt-rock wuss - fame lasted about 15 mins lol) was seen wearing a TNOTB t-shirt back in like '96. You suddenly starting seeing all sorts of music celebs wearing them. And, now....well, everyone knows Maiden is an institution and above fashion trend/hype/whatev. Rarified air indeed.

Yeah, it is kinda odd that Shirley has been at the knobs all this time and the only really outstanding sounding album in the last 20 years is BNW. That album sounds absolutely fantastic. I'm a dork audiophile so I listen to everything through like really nice MartinLogan speakers and BNW is still hands down the best production/mastering job I've heard in the entire canon. Either Kevin or Steve must've gotten lazy starting with DoD because that's when you can start hearing things like unintended distortions and fuzz. None of that on BNW. And then of course there's the fiasco of not mastering AMOLAD. Amazing album but flat as board in sound and dynamic. Would really like to hear that finally mastered. IT's their Justice I guess lol.
I'd argue BNW sounds pretty awful
As an album its good, the mastering and mixing are terrible tho

I’ve no problem with the sound of any Maiden albums except for VXI and the debut. Mistakes are not, the production is an aesthetic choice made by the band/producer.

I think that if the album was to be released in two weeks, the information would have leaked by now as the logistic to deliver records to stores would probably have hinted stuff to sellers.
Plus, but I may be wrong: aren't records supposed to be released on Fridays? At least that's the case here.

Yep - I work in a record store and there's been no word from the record company yet.

They 'sell in' new releases to stores well in advance of release date in order to collate orders and ship stock in time for release.

Fingers crossed for a full album announcement, though!

I'd argue BNW sounds pretty awful
As an album its good, the mastering and mixing are terrible tho
different strokes and all. too many loud maiden shows maybe??? lol seriously, it's everything i want in a prod job - lush, balanced, organic, clean, non-compressed dynamics (at least less compressed - this did come out during the CD Compression Wars)

Yep - I work in a record store and there's been no word from the record company yet.

They 'sell in' new releases to stores well in advance of release date in order to collate orders and ship stock in time for release.

Fingers crossed for a full album announcement, though!
Iron maiden follows their own rules.... as always...cover, single and tracklist 15/07 . The álbum Could be on the Stores in september or at the end of august

Iron maiden follows their own rules.... as always...cover, single and tracklist 15/07 . The álbum Could be on the Stores in september or at the end of august

To give an idea of how far in advance stuff works - this week Warners are 'selling in' physical new releases for July 30th. Maiden have their own rules, sure, but they still have to play by industry rules when delivering physical product to stores. Those rules can still be bent, though, as sometimes important 'surprise' releases are pre-sold with a much shorter lead-in time.

BUT Maiden could do a digital-only single on the 15th (they seem to have given up on physical singles, more or less?). Youtube & Spotify???

And the album could easily be in stores in August, as you say. Fingers crossed!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back