Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't know that this guy was the head manager of the band. I don't think he is the most suitable person for the position. According with his resume, the artists for whom he worked they're out of the music industry or absolutely done. Bad omen.

Shack may be the Rod's right hand but the final decisions and concepts are made by Rod, Steve & Bruce. Dave Shack is on Maiden's board since 2012 as I know, Rod is the head of all things. Mamy important managers are at their 70.

As much as Maiden *was* my favourite band. The lack of activity, or the lack of evidence that any of them still care about being members of band anymore has really soured my view of them. Yes, I get they're old, and they're all millionaires so they don't have to pump out an album every year like they did in the 80's, but no one is expecting them to. But christ, at least act like you're still a functioning band.

Focus on newer and up and coming bands who deserve your attention more, at least that's what I'm doing.

We could perhaps do a change.org petition asking Iron Maiden to release the album or at least release information on the album. I reckon we would get 1000+ signatures, won't we? I don't know how else we could capture their attention.

I'm definitely in, mate.
If you know how to start one, then give me the link and I'll bring dozens of signatures, other than mine (I'm the owner of a well known italian Maiden fan page / translation page, I can surely focus the fans over this petition).

I'm sure about the 1000+ signatures goal to be reached. That will be reached in a few hours, if it goes viral...

Good idea.

Some of the entitlement being displayed is getting to be a bit too much. I'm ready for a new album as much as anyone but I'm not going to start disparaging the band. Flame away...
This is not disparaging. Not at all...
He just had an idea, in order to (try to) send our voices/our thoughts out to them, in some way, and if it will ever be possible.
No one here is planning to threaten or to revile anybody. Let's make that clear.

Making demands? Petitions? C'mon....

If they put out any information about the album now knowing that it's probably still going to be over a year until it's released is not going to help the situation. My guess is they're contractually obligated to finish LOTB3 or lose a shit ton of money. I feel if they could have scrapped it they would have and moved on.

If not for COVID we would would be in the middle of the new album tour right now...

My guess is they're contractually obligated to finish LOTB3...
Either that or they want to stick to their original plan for LOTB tour to have three legs.

I agree that the album would have been released in 2020 (after the cancelled 3rd leg then) and we would have been in the middle of the new album tour right now. I think they will share info about the album when they are closer to releasing it - this means next year after the tour imo.

Shack's other main accomplishments have been to pension off poor old Laz and to hire Alex Milas, but even Alex's Letters from the Rue Morgue are empty vessels that contain very little of interest.

No point having a weekly fan mailout when you have literally nothing of interest to say.... :mad:

How do you know Shack was behind that decision and not Rod or Steve? Either way, we have gone from having a Fan Club whose head was Steve's brother-in-law to one whose head is Rod's cycling buddy. :lol:

I will play the devil's advocate here: Shack is doing a good job at providing content for a band that could not care less about music these days (I do not include rushed bootleg-like live albums there). :devil2:

In the times of pandemic many artists have released bootleg-like live stuff. Even live albums from streaming sessions. One thing should be done with NotD release - it could be labeled as "official bootleg".

In the times of pandemic many artists have released bootleg-like live stuff. Even live albums from streaming sessions. One thing should be done with NotD release - it could be labeled as "official bootleg".
But this isn't a bootleg. It's a properly (some really poor and/or questionable mixing decisions, but still) mixed and mastered album. Yeah, it isn't very good (the vinyl is somewhat better), but it certainly isn't what a bootleg usually is - A live feed mixdown.

But the Basic recordings weren't meant to be released anyway. The pandemic hiatus forced bands to release live stuff od quality like that...

But the Basic recordings weren't meant to be released anyway. The pandemic hiatus forced bands to release live stuff od quality like that...
What basic recordings? You mean without overdubs? That's fine by me. The levels? yeah, they are wacky at times. The frequency balancing of channels and instruments? Yeah, there are questionable decisions there as well. Or are you talking about the dreadful audience mics? They sounds like ass and he might have EQ:ed them like that because the tracks either didn't sound great, the crowd noise/music ratio was off, or Newton just dialed in the mids on them just because he thought a wider spectrum didn't contribute anything and just cut the rest out. Either way, it sounds like ass, but it's a post production choice. I whined a lot about its issues. It isn't up to Maiden reunion standards. But this isn't a bootleg, far from it. It's a flawed live album, but certainly not a bootleg. It's mixed in a studio.

Technical recordings from soundboard. If there's not pandemic hiatus we would never seen NotD as band's official release for sure! Newton was Live Chapter producent too. And that one sounds way better than live from Mexico. Sound of the crowd is unclear and fuzzed 'cos audience wasn't recorded individual as recording engineers do with professional live album/dvd. Saying bootleg I meant the kind of its sounding.

Last edited:
Technical recordings from soundboard. If there's not pandemic hiatus we would never seen NotD as band's official release for sure!
This is a multi track recording, probably recorded through the multi track recorder feature of the desk. So? That's how you record these days, you don't split the signals through analog splits behind the stage and run them through a recorder anymore. This isn't a stereo, 2-channel recording which bootlegs are in 99.9% of the cases. It's a flawed, professionally mixed live album. It doesn't sound great, but it certainly isn't an official bootleg, same as Virtual XI's production doesn't make it a demo.

Last edited:
Saying bootleg I meant the kind of its sounding.
Saying that a live album should be officially labelled a bootleg is a very silly way of saying that something sounds like ass. You could have just said "it sounds like ass". but again, that was widely covered upon its release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back