Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, agree with @TheTalisman . Maiden already made millions, sure, but I think there's definitly a correlation between the last 10 years (or so) dwindling CD/DVD sales and Maiden's increased focus on concert tours and other financial ventures (games, beers etc) When DVD's were all the rage they put out a DVD almost every year (in the early to mid 00's) but nothing since 2013!

It's pretty easy to see that this is the case with new Maiden albums too. There's not enough sale in new album releases anymore. They are useful when you need to get out on the road again - but if you can extend other tours two or three years becasue the demand is there - then you might as well do that, lower effort but same financial gain. Same with the DVD's they stopped putting them out since 2013 because it's not worth the cost to produce anymore with the sales they'd make on them.

Singles as well. They used to be a huge thing for Maiden, multiple formats and b-sides, classic artwork, then just abandoned practically overnight when the format died.

Since 2018. LOTB was originally planned for three years 2018 - 2020 pandemic done bad work and the promoters have the contracts for LOTB show in their hands. I only hope all will be ok next year and big tours destroy the Europe once again but who knows... Investing in brand new tour is still risky now, must admit...

Since 2018. LOTB was originally planned for three years 2018 - 2020 pandemic done bad work and the promoters have the contracts for LOTB show in their hands. I only hope all will be ok next year and big tours destroy the Europe once again but who knows... Investing in brand new tour is still risky now, must admit...

That true. But we would all be laughing and pointing fingers at KISS for doing a tour based on their pinball machine for example. And yet here we are...years into a mobile game tour :lol:

Signum Tempores. I wouldn't be surprise if Rod decide to produce SF movie with Eddie for platform as Netflix.

Yeah, so it portrays the whole story. I'm absolutely sure if next Maiden tour would be a flop they just decide to split up and retire. Live shows are the main source of income for an institution as Maiden. Sad but true.

Yeah, so it portrays the whole story. I'm absolutely sure if next Maiden tour would be a flop they just decide to split up and retire. Live shows are the main source of income for an institution as Maiden. Sad but true.
Why should it flop? If next years tour goes ahead it will be a massive success. Both in terms of ticket sales and revenue.

has it ever not been the case?

I can't imagine bands would spend months away from their families for extended periods of time unless they were making money from it.

Can understand the delay in the album release somewhat but I do not understand the area 51 level secrecy imposed on any information surrounding it. Is there any other band doing something like this? What is maiden so afraid of?
Probably leaks which would force the band into releasing the album sooner than they wanted.

I think if leaks were to happen, it wouldn't matter whether there is an official announcement or not. An insider in a position to leak the album would also be in a position to know that the album is done without the info being public.

Plus Iron Maiden should know that they have the most loyal fanbase in the world. Maiden fans will never settle for internet leaks and will legally purchase the album in any situation. The leechers that wait for leaks, would never buy the album in any case.

Back in the day when internet leaks could be contained perhaps this made sense but now it just feels very unnecessary and a punishment for those who love the band the most.

Can understand the delay in the album release somewhat but I do not understand the area 51 level secrecy imposed on any information surrounding it. Is there any other band doing something like this? What is maiden so afraid of?

Obsolete, outdated mental patterns.
It's as simple as that.

Giving an OFFICIAL update about it on the official site and social channels ("Hi there, our 17th studio album is called "..." and we intend to release it around "..."! You'll get full details when the time is right!") costs NOTHING.

They're just lazy, and above all NOT interested in how we're loosing our patience, in the waiting game we are forced to play.

Last edited:
Probably leaks which would force the band into releasing the album sooner than they wanted.

What leaks?
Not at all... Announcing a title wouldn't force or cause anything. They (pre)announced The Final Frontier (just the title) on March 4th, 2010. The first song arrived 3 months later, on June 8th, together with the full details announcement. You should stop justifying them, guys. There's no reason for this. An official update would be the least they could do, at this point.

I'd be okay with just knowing the title.
Up 'til the end of the year. It'll be enough for us to talk and speculate about.

Do you see I'm not asking for the moon?
This is not complaining.
This is not cryingbabysh.
This is just asking one's favourite band to REMAIN and to SHOW they're STILL a band.

I'm asking for the minimum, really.

Last edited:
I decided to go for broke on the official forum and politely pose the question: has the transition from Rod to Dave Shackleton as the head of Phantom contributed to the decline in communications about the band? Also, whether Dave Shack has the imagination and authority to commission music-related content, whether from the live archives or something new like Adrian's gangland video... basically any good idea that would generate content of actual value to the vast captive audience of housebound Maiden fans in the pandemic era.

Rod, if still in day-to-day control, may have done a slightly better job. I also think Rod is basically living a semi-retired life that he fully deserves at the age of 70+. That as they say is that.

Final thought: if you want to be truly alarmed, follow Dave Shack on Twitter. As the de facto manager of Iron Maiden, what he has to publicly show for it is embarrassing. For instance, he was apparently delighted that he helped facilitate (maybe even conceptualize) the recent Tim Burgess Powerslave listening party. Hardly a triumphant use of the one instance of band engagement he has secured in this era.

In the middle of the pandemic Shack posted a picture of him golfing with Rod on Twitter. One wonders whether Rod had any useful advice to give, any ideas to pass over... or whether Shack now largely exists to guarantee the revenue stream from beers, games and merch to keep Phantom afloat when there is no touring revenue. Shack's other main accomplishments have been to pension off poor old Laz and to hire Alex Milas, but even Alex's Letters from the Rue Morgue are empty vessels that contain very little of interest.

No point having a weekly fan mailout when you have literally nothing of interest to say.... :mad:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back