1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Discussion in 'Maiden Chat' started by matic22, Jul 25, 2017.

1. Travis The Dragon

Travis The Dragon The dreamers may die, but the dreams live on.

If more SIT songs were going to happen, it probably would have been on the Somewhere Back In Time tour. I wouldn't be surprised if they discussed having Caught Somewhere In Time for the encore because that would have made more sense instead of Moonchild.

2. Travis The Dragon

Travis The Dragon The dreamers may die, but the dreams live on.

Hmmmmmm, nothing else about an official live release since that one article I posted. You'd think other sources would have reported on it.

3. Lego

Lego Shadows in the stars, we will not return!

I think part of the reason Moonchild made an appearance is that originally the plan was to release Maiden England at the end of the SBIT tour- it was only after they realized how well the tour did that they decided to add an actual Maiden England tour. It's a shame they didn't plan it this way from the beginning, because that would have left room for more SIT and Piece of Mind tunes in 2008-09!

4. Wayne Bond

Wayne Bond Nomad

The reason for set list choices comes down to three simple things:

1) songs they like
    2) songs they know how to play or are not too troublesome to relearn
    3) songs that Bruce can sing well

I know we all like to speculate as to why they choose or don't choose to play certain songs but in the end it's all rather simple why we get the set lists we do.

All the players in Maiden are skilled musicians so if they really wanted to they could easily re learn any song from their catalogue that they haven't played in a while but it comes down to laziness, songs they already know will get the crowd going plus how it would sound live with Bruce's voice and that's it.

When they pretty much sell out every venue they play at these days why put loads of effort in re learning a song that hadn't been played in yonks if not at all as likely most of the crowd are probably casuals anyway and want the regular tunes and even the hardcore moaning about same old set lists are still there having bought a ticket anyway. Plus they play a ton of new stuff from the latest album which they say appeases the hardcore as its all new live stuff but at the same time it's easy for them to play anything off the latest album as they've just spent months recording it so it's all fresh and easy to play.

soundwave likes this.
  5. GhostofCain

GhostofCain Ancient Mariner

From 1999 to 2017 there are a significant number of songs they had not played in a while that were played. In some cases "in a while" was 7 years (e.g. Children of the Damned and Powerslave on the TBOS tour), in others it was much longer than that.

At the end of the day, people will find a reason to moan whatever they do.

Hermod likes this.
  6. soundwave

soundwave Educated Fool

I think the only real way that deep/never-been-played-before cuts will ever make it into the setlist is if Steve has a sudden urge to cross something off of his 'artistic bucket list' or if Rod has an idea to monetize it.

With 16 albums, the propensity to push the new material, and having at least a dozen (if not more) songs that are/have been considered 'classics' at some point, there is really no set list real estate to put in something like 'Sun and Steel' or 'Run Silent, Run Deep'. I still hold out hope that Rod will push for a 'rarities' concert to push some DVD sales near the end of the band's final run.

Maiden4Ever and Lego like this.
  7. Lego

Kevin Shirley on Eddie Trunk 9/21/17- talks a bit about the new live album, and...

"I think we've got some- we may have some studio work planned in the future..."

jazz from hell, Trevoire and Mosh like this.
  8. Trevoire

Trevoire Prowler

Interesting, bit tricky as Kevin is keeping his cards close to his chest, or possibly dates haven’t been totally set in stone yet (no doubt KS has some projects to wrap up before he’d be available to work in a Maiden record which is gonna take up anywhere from 3-5 months to do)

Looks like there's potential for them to be getting into the studio in the next few months or possibly early next year.

Looking at recording/release times for the last few albums I think a Aug/Sep release looks likely.

TBOS
    Recorded: Sep ’14 - Dec ’14, some finishing touches early ’15 (Jan?)
    Released: Sep ’15 (apparently would have been released earlier in the year if it hadn't been for Bruce's cancer)

TFF
    Recorded: Jan-March ’10
    Released: August ’10

AMOLAD
    Recorded: Early ’06
    Released: August ’06

DOD
    Recorded: Jan ’03-April ’03
    Released: Sep ’03

So even if they’re not getting into the studio until early next year they’ve got pretty good at getting everything prepped for a release within 5 months or so.

9. GhostofCain

Great to hear! Thanks for the link.

On a related note, I bet Rod does not let him spill the beans, hence him not being so vocal about working with the band in recent times as when he was allowed to publish studio diaties. :)

Lego likes this.
  10. Poto

Poto Ancient Mariner

If they have booked a studio, I'm gonna guess it's for next year after the tour.

11. Perun

Perun Climbing like a monkey Staff Member

It's kind of telling of Maiden's recent policy that I keep thinking that 2018 is very early for a new album, and then realise it's still 3 years after TBOS.

Lego likes this.
  12. Diplomat

Diplomat Nomad

I'm 99,999% that Maiden will tour Europe in summer 2018. Solo tour or package (Judas Priest+Anthrax) tour. That's all.
    One more thing...Judas Priest was just announced for Bloodstock 2018 festival in UK. So, that means Judas Priest will tour in summer 2018.

13. Black Wizard

Black Wizard Out of the Silent Planet

They're also headlining Wacken, but that doesn't suggest to me that they'll be supporting Iron Maiden.

14. Lego

I'm betting on an early 2018 recording session, summer "hits" tour with one new track, and an album release around August 2018... though the eternal optimist in me hopes it's a winter 2017 recording session, late spring 2018 release and a full-fledged new album tour in summer 2018.

15. GhostofCain

I am also thinking on a GMETID-like scenario for the summer tour, followed by the release of the new album.

16. SirRobbins

SirRobbins Ancient Mariner

Bruce is doing a book tour and recently included USA dates.... sadly, like the DoD tour, it's New York and California.... o_O

would be cool for him to hit up RnR Ribs for the tour... RnR ribs facebook page even suggested it lol

17. I've had a rethink about this 2018 tour..

I'm gonna call it now, since there is no DVD to go with the new live Souls cd, I believe the 2018 tour will actually be a revamped 'Fear Of The Dark' era show. It will accompany & promote the official re-release of the Live At Donnington 92/ Raising Hell official double set DVD. It will include the history doc of this era.

Hopefully they will reedit the terrible footage from the original LAD 92 video and include more watchable, colour only footage.

18. matic22

matic22 H is shorter for God.

Maiden is recording an album somewhere between now and the September next year. Kevin Shirley says that he will be doing some studio work with Maiden in the near future (I doubt that he would say that without Maiden booking him). I'm willing to bet that the new album will be recorded somewhere between October this year and April next year, followed by GMETID-type tour of Europe in the summer. Although if they finish recording before new year, they could skip the greatest hits tour and release the album in the spring. In that case it would probably be an album tour.

19. Mosh

Mosh The years just pass like trains Staff Member

That sounds about right. Rod will probably push them to do a Play Classics tour this summer though so I don't expect the album to come before.

20. Demigod_Tyek

Demigod_Tyek Powerslave

Such a shame he's not coming near Chicago (or anywhere in the middle of the US, for the matter). I would definitely travel to be able to have a one-on-one with Bruce, but the coasts are just too far.