Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
If something didn't happened it doesn't mean it won't happen.

But it was a joke regarding the absent of new rumours. :) However, I'm quite suspicious person since im working in PR and part of me is considering chance that Bruce is mentioning new songs just to boost the buzz around the tour that didn't started so well.

If something didn't happened it doesn't mean it won't happen.

But it was a joke regarding the absent of new rumours. :) However, I'm quite suspicious person since im working in PR and part of me is considering chance that Bruce is mentioning new songs just to boost the buzz around the tour that didn't started so well.
Please elaborate....

Please elaborate....
There are rumors about not-so-great sales of US leg. Bruce had vocal problems since the beginning of the tour, he's not as mobile as always thanks to leg problems and (my opinion) Dave and Janick are not as good as they were on the first leg. I would say, if I would like to be THIS GUY that mentioning new songs is just to create some buzz that will drive the attention away from this issues.

And, of course, new song doesn't have to mean NEW song. It may be song new to this setlist like, let say, can I play with madness.

Either way - I try to be optimistic but I like to be prepared for disappointing end of these rumours.

Well, sales/crowds have been great so far. Went to the Atlanta show and it was packed. Yes, Bruce was sick which affected his performance but the show was still awesome, imo. He's sounding like his usual self now. Nashville is the one place that has me scratching my head as far as ticket sales. I've considered going to it, will see.

As far as Bruce talking about new songs. It's to tease the next tour with a new album, certainly not to divert attention from this tour.

Steve is hoping to release the 2nd British Lion album by November
Blabbermouth link
I knew it…so the new album announce probably will be next year when Steve ends the British Lion tour in February or March

It’d better be much better than the rather underwhelming (to put it politely) debut album.

Anyway, no side project is going to determine when the new Maiden album gets released.

Last edited:
I really wanted to like British Lion, and the musics pretty good. But the singer is so quiet and bored sounding. He’s actually a good singer, but there’s no power in his voice.

no side project is going to determine when the new Maiden album gets released.

Of course. However, what I think is being suggested is that the Maiden album is determining when British Lion is being released and that if Steve is getting it out by the end of the year then that is a window that is being left open by the Maiden album release schedule.

I really wanted to like British Lion, and the musics pretty good. But the singer is so quiet and bored sounding. He’s actually a good singer, but there’s no power in his voice.

give it a chance and try to listen to it independently of being a Maiden fan, the production is bad, and it's not metal, but there are some good songs on it.

I think teasing the fact there'll be new songs in a year that's not 2019 isn't going to sell a single ticket in 2019.

Yeah I can't imagine a single punter is sitting at home thinking "I had no intention of going to see Maiden but I see on the internet that Bruce hinted something that could be interpreted as a suggestion that possibly Maiden might release new material at some non-specified date in the future. I think I'll go the gig now"

give it a chance and try to listen to it independently of being a Maiden fan, the production is bad, and it's not metal, but there are some good songs on it.
Believe me I did. I like a lot of music that isn’t just metal or Maiden, everything from black metal, to Run the Jewels, Chromatics, Ulver, old outlaw country music, Bowie, Floyd, etc. viewing it strictly as an album, it’s good but underwhelming.

I tried REALLY hard to like it and failed. With the exception of a couple of good moments, it is a really poor album.

Of course. However, what I think is being suggested is that the Maiden album is determining when British Lion is being released and that if Steve is getting it out by the end of the year then that is a window that is being left open by the Maiden album release schedule.

True that.

Yeah I can't imagine a single punter is sitting at home thinking "I had no intention of going to see Maiden but I see on the internet that Bruce hinted something that could be interpreted as a suggestion that possibly Maiden might release new material at some non-specified date in the future. I think I'll go the gig now"

I have seen 2 shows on the 2019 leg and in context, I think Bruce was selling the fact that there are no new songs in the set (on this tour) as a positive, given some loud complaints about playing too much new music on past tours (see "Play Classics"). He then adds that there will be new music in the future for the silent majority of the crowd that wants to hear new stuff. It also takes the air out of anyone thinking they would be introducing a new song on this tour. It works on so many levels for so many fans, really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back