Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the Early Days Tour had several of those. Really surprised Killers was not on that tour, and I've always wondered why that song has fallen out of setlist consideration.
Presumably somebody in the band doesn't like it. I think Bruce has mentioned being a fan so it's likely Steve.

Speaking of tours, I was sad that Infinite Dreams was not on the 2012/13 Maiden England tour. That’s one of my very favorite Maiden songs and I’d have loved to hear it. We got Afraid to Gun Down Strangers instead, which is itself a fantastic song...but yea.

I’ve been reading (on these forums mostly) that all the members of Maiden were together with Shirley in Paris earlier this year. Is that true? Seems like a good thing!

Last edited:
@chaosapiant
They were all in Paris. Seen around Guillaume Tell studios now and then, there had been some IG posts and pictures posted and removed. Some very briefly, some were give time to circulate around. Hype went up to heavens, people were certain the album announcement is dropping any day now, then all went very silent. Some articles with speculation appeared, mostly fueled by rumours or discussion from this very forum.

All in all it looks like they are taking their sweet time to announce the 17, or no new album was recorded and it was all a very very suspicious sum of coincidences. But I don't want to believe that.

That seems a very suspicious coincidence. I'm guessing they recorded the album and are finishing this leg of the tour before announcing anything. If they'd announced it before this leg of the tour, they'd have had to alter the tour, even if slightly, to accommodate. At least that's my thinking.

Oh yea, they're definitely due a new album, but most speculation to me is just kinda baseless. But all of them being together in Paris is significant enough me thinks that believing a new album is around the corner isn't a stretch. There's no other reason to all be there at the same time. If they were remixing a live album or video, they wouldn't need to all be there to do that, and if they were there to accept an award or something we'd have heard about it. And what's the chance they're all in Paris at the same time in between tours.

Oh yea, they're definitely due a new album, but most speculation to me is just kinda baseless. But all of them being together in Paris is significant enough me thinks that believing a new album is around the corner isn't a stretch. There's no other reason to all be there at the same time. If they were remixing a live album or video, they wouldn't need to all be there to do that, and if they were there to accept an award or something we'd have heard about it. And what's the chance they're all in Paris at the same time in between tours.
They recorded a new album. Bruce is teasing new material forthcoming on the current tour. Sometime after this leg is over we should hear something (but please, Dear God, not a 3rd LOTB leg, lol)

It's certain that a new album has been recorded. Just a case of when we hear an official line on it. I'm expecting an announcement shortly after the tour ends. Release either end 2019 or early 2020

Speaking of tours, I was sad that Infinite Dreams was not on the 2012/13 Maiden England tour. That’s one of my very favorite Maiden songs and I’d have loved to hear it. We got Afraid to Gun Down Strangers instead, which is itself a fantastic song...but yea.

I’ve been reading (on these forums mostly) that all the members of Maiden we’re together with Shirley in Paris earlier this year. Is that true? Seems like a good thing!

Think I remember NPftD was rumored for the setlist for that tour instead of AtSS, anybody else recall that?

That was a rumour but I don't know if it was ever confirmed.
I think it was confirmed to be false when they didn't play it.

I personally never heard the rumor. Sounds like a "they're going to play Somewhere In Time in full" level rumor.

I think it was confirmed to be false when they didn't play it.

I personally never heard the rumor. Sounds like a "they're going to play Somewhere In Time in full" level rumor.
The only place where I have heard it is this forum so it probably was extremely unreliable to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back