Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt it too. Similar structure to The Final Frontier but with different kind of pacing sounds somewhat realistic, but I hope they can make it tight and compact enough. As I've fantasized here before, I'd preferer an album with 9 songs or so, keeping up with the quality of TBOS, even more extra focus on production and some fresh things here and there and there you go. I'm not expecting a handful of new thewickermans or futureals, but one or two speedoflightdeathorglorydifferentworlds and something rather fresh sounding - like Tears of a Clown was on TBOS - to pace things among more massive compositions, which I hope and acually strongly believe they're able to keep quality up with. :)

But yeah, to not let things get thoughts out of hand now, I just say that no, I don't think they'll make another double album. I just hope it's a bit more compact with just a tad bit more edge than The Final Frontier. And realistically, I really could see them putting that kind of a record out. No way have they ditched or changed the general approach to songwriting and recording that they've had over the years, but save few production problems and inconsistencies the general quality of the actual music has been, in my opinion, very high and I don't see it drastically changing now.

Well it really comes down to Steve. Adrian has talked about writing more direct stuff and that’s pretty much what we got from him on TBOS. He was having a proggy phase for awhile but direct/accessible is his bread and butter. I don’t expect Bruce to be as prolific this time around unless he wants to write an Empire sequel.

On the other hand, Steve continues to write longer songs and that has been a constant for the band’s whole career. I’d be surprised if we don’t get another Janick/Steve epic and at least one solo Harris epic. I still think the friendly rivalry between him and Bruce could result in Steve writing a side long epic of his own. He is the prog guy of the band after all.

Most of the songs will depend in what movies Steve has been watching and what books he has been reading all this time. :D

I just hope he has not been reading the Daily Mail so we do not end up getting something like Age of Innocence!

I expect there would be a couple of Smith/Dickinson tracks, some Smith/Dickinson/Harris or Smith/Harris tracks, one by Harris alone, a couple of Gers/Harris tracks and the token Murray/Harris track in which Steve would have put together 3 bluesy licks that Dave gave him on a tape.

Some tracks would be outstanding, others would remind us of some previous material (would Janick use some more White Spirit magic? :D), and some others might not be songs to write home about. We would not agree on the quality of the tracks and we would discuss about this pointless things endlessly.

I can't wait!

Primarily I hope it's good.

That is certain with Maiden. ;)

I think it's time for a 40-50 minutes long album again. And more straightforward with fast tempo songs, because most of the songs on TBOS album are mid-tempo (the only real fast ones are SOL, WTRRD, DOG and SOTV).

The length ultimately doesn’t matter. I do think it’s interesting to see how they approach the songs though, and the length ends up being affected by that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back