Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought that too at one stage, but then noticed that Maiden are very much into merchandise and branding on beer and computer games and headphones and they don't do albums much now and they record in a way that they don't have to take much studio time....

All the evidence points to them being very interested in the money.

Which is totally fine because this is their job and income.
I work hard for money too.

I'm totally fine with it.

They always have been. At the end of the day, it is their job.

Funnily enough, their job has made us immensely happy.

Exactly.

I also think that it's more of Rod, Andy and Co's pursuit to build the brand (Iron Maiden LLP) as big as it can be. They basically struck gold with Eddie's image. Hell, even people who don't know that IM is a band wear Eddie IM shirts, because they look cool.

I think that the managment approaches various band members with business ideas when the opportunity comes. They spread those ideas to a particular band member, who has an interest in them. And they are doing that very smartly.

I remember an interview with Bruce in some German newspaper (I wish I had kept the link!) in which he was asked about how things worked in Maiden when it came to splitting the money made from different activities. He said that profits were shared between band members but that the one who had the original idea would get a bigger share (e.g. Bruce with beer, Steve with headphones).

I just meant that if Maiden were to continue recording new music without touring with it afterwards then I don't imagine they would be too concerned that they weren't making money from it because, as phantom said, touring is where the money is in the music bizzo now and after 40+ years I think they're pretty well-set, money wise.

Of course they are interested in money. Some of the branding opportunities are such easy money they'd be fools not to tap into it. The key point is that they aren't only about the money. They clearly still care about studio output, otherwise they wouldn't pack their setlists with new songs when they tour them. Whether they would continue recording after stopping touring is up for debate, but i doubt money would be the deciding factor.

I remember an interview with Bruce in some German newspaper (I wish I had kept the link!) in which he was asked about how things worked in Maiden when it came to splitting the money made from different activities. He said that profits were shared between band members but that the one who had the original idea would get a bigger share (e.g. Bruce with beer, Steve with headphones).
Yup. It makes sense that a member who is doing the heavy lifting promo-wise gets a bigger pay. I also think that the product ideas come mainly from the managment (despite what Bruce said). IMO, they basically say to the band during meetings: well this came on the table, would you be interested in doing it. And if it's in someone's field of interest (like Bruce and the beer), and they are interested in it and want to develop and promote it, they will build on it.

New music is nowadays Maiden's artistic need, not an economical necessity.

Last edited:
As I said in a post before, between TLOTB Tour and the release of the new album will go the British Lion 2nd album and tour. Maybe the cruise is the last show of the tour. I think it's on the Bahamas and Miami, maybe Nicko joins at the end.

cruises are decadent in general, but rock cruises with drunk old players and drunk metalheads are even more decadent and tacky. old fats and reds with leopard swimwear...i couldn't believe that mustaine and co. created one.

If “The Alchemist” is any indication, the second time around will only be worse...
:ahhh:

I am not Janick's biggest fan when it comes to solos, but I remember a Janick hater years ago assuming that the Gates of Tomorrow solo could not have been played by Jan. Oh boy how much we laughed when he finally realised he was wrong. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back