Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
It does give us some hints into the recording process this time round.

If Bruce is still kicking around in Paris then they're not doing the write>record>mix and then move onto the next song like they did on TBOS, as that involved having all the guys there till the record is done.

This suggests thay the live basics are done, and now we're onto vocal and guitar overdubs, with mixing for all the songs coming later.

Drums recorded then...

Makes sense timing-wise if they started at the beginning of March.

Possibly even significantly more than that. I'd imagine Nicko wouldn't just fuck off the second his job was done. I'd guess he'd be there until the vast bulk of it was completed.

Possibly even significantly more than that. I'd imagine Nicko wouldn't just fuck off the second his job was done. I'd guess he'd be there until the vast bulk of it was completed.

If I remember correctly from Kevin Shirley's diaries (unfortunately we do not have those for the recording of TBOS), Nicko would always leave as soon as his job was done.

According to a member at the official Maiden Fan Club forum, Janick, Bruce and Kevin were at the studio yesterday, which suggests it is overdubs time.

Last edited:
Just to compare: TBOS was from 6th of October to 25th of November. And that included mixing. I'd imagine that they should be at the end of overdubs/vocals/solos and preparing for the final mixing stage.

Source: What Does This Button Do? Page 343.

If I remember correctly from Kevin Shirley's diaries (unfortunately we do not have those for the recording of TBOS), Nicko would always leave as soon as his job was done.

I stand corrected!

Although from my limited days of recording demos in bands, hanging around studios when you aren't actually involved can be very boring and tiring, and you can become a nuisance to the people who are working, so it's probably a good thing that Nicko does this.

According to a member at the official Maiden Fan Club forum, Janick, Bruce and Kevin were at the studio yesterday, which suggests it is overdubs time.

Could be a new Darkness be my Friend style track:bigsurprise:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back