Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want great songs, and I don’t particularly care how long or short they are. Though recent Maiden does have a tendency toward unnecessary bloat (I’m looking at you, “The Red And The Black”...).

You can have a few short rock tracks but give me epics.

For Maiden is mandatory to have epic\s on a album. I also want epics (at least one on album), but no more that 2/3 (and no more than 7-8 minutes). I think Maiden is the only band that creates great epics !

The 7-minute instrumental section is my favorite Maiden moment. I just totally bliss out on it. It's such a great ride. I was it was 20 minutes!

Yes, this is one of the best instrumental sections in the Maiden discography, but why (in particular Steve) had to repeat the same parts over again... the song still will be great if it was 9 minutes.

Yes, this is one of the best instrumental sections in the Maiden discography, but why (in particular Steve) had to repeat the same parts over again... the song still will be great if it was 9 minutes.

Yea, I have a bit of trouble reasoning that out as well.

They sometimes play a riff for eight, or even twelve bars, when they could go four bars and not lose any punch.

I wouldn't change anything in that instrumental section.
If there's something wrong in the song it's the looooong chorus.

Last edited:
The only thing about The Red and the Black that makes me scratch my head are the lyrics. They are the most inscrutable that Steve has ever written, in my opinion. Very hard to decode on a deep level.

I like the red and the black, it's an 8/10 for me, with the instrumental section a 10/10

For the whole song to get a 10/10 from me it would need the following changes.

1) change the name to The Green and The White ;)
2) ditch the bass intro and outro
3) ditch the lyrics altogether
4) use the verse and chorus section with the guitar melody as is but don't repeat them as much now there is no lyrics.
5) don't touch the mid section but finish on the crashing chord at the end, i.e. don't reprise the "whoa whoa oh" section at the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back