Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss that idea, I actually think Janick's looser style of playing would work really well there.
I disagree. I think that the solo is too rythmic for Jan. His tone and style would suit it, but the complex rythmic structure is very unlike Jan. Unless he would improvise the whole thing.

I like 3-guitar Maiden much better than 2-guitar Maiden. The sound is heavier and more layered, with a lot of subtle embellishments added to the songs. Triple harmonies sound great. So I'm glad Janick is still in the band.

He plays his own solos well. As for sometimes butchering Adrian's solos, well, I'm used to it. Hallowed isn't that bad. I do like when he doubles up with Adrian on The Trooper.

Janick hating should stay in YouTube comments sections.

I like 3-guitar Maiden much better than 2-guitar Maiden. The sound is heavier and more layered, with a lot of subtle embellishments added to the songs. Triple harmonies sound great. So I'm glad Janick is still in the band.

He plays his own solos well. As for sometimes butchering Adrian's solos, well, I'm used to it. Hallowed isn't that bad. I do like when he doubles up with Adrian on The Trooper.

Janick hating should stay in YouTube comments sections.

+1. I also grew fond of Jan's HBTN solo.

(But that said, I'm glad that H got Revelations back)

I think there was a bit more melody in the pre-3 Amigos eras, but I think that Janick, Dave, and Adrian make up one of the best trios overall. It becomes more obvious live; Janick might be a bit sloppy, but his stage presence is great, and works as a nice foil to Dave and Adrian’s more laid-back natures. When the band messed up on SOTC in Stockholm, him jumping up onto the riser brought back the attention and help regain the atmosphere they’d had previously.

He puts the “maiden” in “Iron Maiden” and is one of the most infectious guitarists when it comes to pure energy. The current line-up is, for me, the definitive one - without Janick, the stage seems to be missing something. When he’s there, it’s complete.

I think there was a bit more melody in the pre-3 Amigos eras, but I think that Janick, Dave, and Adrian make up one of the best trios overall. It becomes more obvious live; Janick might be a bit sloppy, but his stage presence is great, and works as a nice foil to Dave and Adrian’s more laid-back natures. When the band messed up on SOTC in Stockholm, him jumping up onto the riser brought back the attention and help regain the atmosphere they’d had previously.

He puts the “maiden” in “Iron Maiden” and is one of the most infectious guitarists when it comes to pure energy. The current line-up is, for me, the definitive one - without Janick, the stage seems to be missing something. When he’s there, it’s complete.
Yup. Not to mention Dance Of Death, The Talisman, The Book Of Souls, The Legacy, etc...

It would be awesome. No more AtG posts, ever. Just fucking delete them.

No more lists
No more lists
No more lists

TOP TEN REASONS MAIDEN WILL NEVER PLAY ALEXANDER THE GREAT LIVE:

10.) Fans want to hear the song played live
9.) Fans don't want to hear the song played live
8.) Nicko wants to play the song
7.) Bruce can't sing it and play the kazoo at the same time
6.) The song was never played live during Somewhere on Tour
5.) Steve feels the song should be played faster while Bruce and Adrian disagree
4.) If they play it then they won't have room for Wrathchild in the set
3.) Bruce loves trolling Greece too much with the promise they will someday
2.) Adrian doesn't remember the solo
1.) Adrian doesn't want Janick to fuck up the solo

+1. I also grew fond of Jan's HBTN solo.

(But that said, I'm glad that H got Revelations back)

AMEN!

Adrian's Revelations solo is my all time favorite. It's not unusual for me to skip back and listen to that solo twice whenever I listen to Revelations.

I was truly upset when Yanny took it over.

No, and I really doubt we're gonna get any before the LoTB World Tour ends. I don't see Maiden pulling an ME and dragging it across three years, so maybe this time next year we will start hearing about the upcoming album...?

No, and I really doubt we're gonna get any before the LoTB World Tour ends. I don't see Maiden pulling an ME and dragging it across three years, so maybe this time next year we will start hearing about the upcoming album...?

I think more news about the new album will be heard next year, probably at the start of it, when they are going into the studio (maybe January-March 2019).

From the end of the current tour 'till the end of this year, they are on deserved rest (without Steve and Bruce, of course). But I'm sure they already have ideas, demo tapes about new songs - Steve for sure, as well Adrian.

With Steve touring with British Lion and Bruce on his book tour, I find it highly unlikely that they will find time to both go in the studio for a new album and rehearse for the upcoming LoTB leg.

With Steve touring with British Lion and Bruce on his book tour, I find it highly unlikely that they will find time to both go in the studio for a new album and rehearse for the upcoming LoTB leg.

British Lion is more important that a new Maiden album, dude! The whole world is dying for a British Lion tour! They rock!!! (Okay, actually they suck. I really don't get what Steve is doing with this project...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back