Iron Maiden stage Eddies (big and walk on) over the years

When I saw the original WST in 1984 we didn't have the big Eddie in the UK, so we had the walk on mummy Eddie during Iron Maiden instead.

That would have been better for the video. It really bugs me that the walk on Eddie comes out and draws focus away from the solo in Powerslave.

It really bugs me that the walk on Eddie comes out and draws focus away from the solo in Powerslave.

During TBOS, Bruce removing Eddie's heart from his chest was a lot of fun but it also draw people's attention from Adrian's solo.

I've never seen this Eddie before or I don't remember seen him on stage at that time.
About Dave Lights, there is something interesting here to read…https://forum.maidenfans.com/thread...eazley-former-maiden-lighting-engineer.15970/

I saw Maiden on the Brave New World tour in Glasgow and I can't remember which Eddie it was that came on, I'm sure that clips the first I've seen the Wicker Man one. Anyone that was at the UK gigs remember?

Also am I imagining things or during Sign of the Cross on that tour was there crosses or cages at the back of the stage?

Also am I imagining things or during Sign of the Cross on that tour was there crosses or cages at the back of the stage?

Correct! In addition to the prop seen in the video above, they also reused the backdrop from VXI tour with three crosses. :)

Yeah thought that, just when I was watching the Rock In Rio show I was thinking I remember Bruce up on a cross at this point. :)

Found a video of the Manchester gig on youtube and it's the Ed Hunter Eddie, so I'll assume it was the same for Glasgow. Knew I'd never seen that Wicker Man Eddie before.

Eddie's head behind the drums as a stage prop during World Piece Tour was a great idea imo (too bad it was not there during the whole concert)...

*but it was there in Dortmund 1983 during the whole concert.

wpt 1983.jpg

Btw, Steve has this Eddie head under a tree in his house:

steve.jpg

Somehow, I missed it...

Stage Eddies for RLT 1993 - the walk-on Eddie is the same as the one for NPOTR tour (but with a leather jacket on it). The big Eddie is the same as the one for FOTD tour.

Attachments

• rlt1.png
    rlt1.png
    165.6 KB · Views: 29
  • rlt2.jpg
    rlt2.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 26
  • rlt3 - big eddie.jpg
    rlt3 - big eddie.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 30
  • rlt4.jpg
    rlt4.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Stage Eddies for RLT 1993 - they used 2 walk-on Eddies (the one from FOTD tour and the one from NPOTR tour but with a different t-shirt). The big Eddie was the same as the one from FOTD tour.
Actually, I made a mistake - the 2 walk-on Eddies were used during FOTD tour (you can see the second one in Donington '92 during ''The Clairvoyant''). For RLT 1993 they used the walk-on Eddie from NPOTR tour (but with a leather jacket on it).

Is that the head Steve put in his front yard?

Yup! it's in his driveway.

Warning, large image

146144902_10159165994829777_1226220771198052911_n.jpg

I've seen them Live in the summer of 2000 and I don't remember that one.
Maybe he only appeared at the beginning of the tour and they leave him aside because he didn't works well as the same happens with Fear of the Dark WWE

Trivia:

The only tours for which Maiden used walk-on or big Eddies that are not from covers of the band are:

- big Eddie from LOTB tour (we can find him on the official tour posters though).
- walk-on Eddie from ME tour.
- big Eddie from GME tour & Early Days tour (it looks like POM Eddie or Visions Of The Beast Eddie to me?)

My favorite walk-on Eddies are: The Final Frontier, Trooper and Senjutsu.

My favorite big Eddies are: The Book Of Souls, Fear Of The Dark and Somewhere In Time.

That would have been better for the video. It really bugs me that the walk on Eddie comes out and draws focus away from the solo in Powerslave.
^ Yeah, Adrian's solo in Live After Death video is not even shown! But the walk-on mummy Eddie should appear during ''Powerslave'', it's emblematic.
During TBOS, Bruce removing Eddie's heart from his chest was a lot of fun but it also draw people's attention from Adrian's solo.
At least his great 1st solo is shown a few times in the Live Chapter video, but his short 2nd solo is not shown at all.

Back