Iron Maiden stage Eddies (big and walk on) over the years

I'm not sure, but if you have a picture post it and we'll see.
Just compare the Eddie that appears during "The Clairvoyant" in the video Live At Donington and the one from p.5 ("Dave Murray") of the booklet of A Real Live One. They are clearly different.

Just compare the Eddie that appears during "The Clairvoyant" in the video Live At Donington and the one from p.5 ("Dave Murray") of the booklet of A Real Live One. They are clearly different.

Yeah, the one from The Clairvoyant song looked like the one from the No Prayer tour. It seems that Maiden have used 2 versions of walk on Eddie for the FOTD tour.

I just found a picture of the scribe Eddie from STOAST 1988, with a little better view of him.

View attachment 7065

That stage and all the effects were really beautiful. Maiden England tour reproduced and even improved it with all the lights and effects and especially Eddies, but the stage layout would have needed a little bit of more 7th Tour elements and less "Eddies everywhere." Still, the show itself was pretty magical, the stage set itself was just a bit too lacking to be able to too the original... :) A couple of 3D-props could have done it, similar to TFF/TBOS tour or the current one.

Stage Eddies for LOTB tour !

Attachments

• lotb1.jpg
    lotb1.jpg
    249.7 KB · Views: 14
  • lotb1(2).jpg
    lotb1(2).jpg
    603.5 KB · Views: 13
  • lotb2.jpg
    lotb2.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 14
I wonder if we will ever see a big and walk-on Eddie from the BNW album cover.

For the big Eddie is more possible, because he is just a cloud head. But they do not used neither of them on the BNW tour.

Maybe it's hard to create a inflatable (BNW) big Eddie. Actually, this is the only Eddie that do not have a body.

Back in 2000 they could have made some sort of walk-on version of Wickerman Eddie if they wanted to, instead of the version that they had behind the drumkit during Iron Maiden for some of the tour...

maxresdefault.jpg

The Wickerman official video also has it's own Eddie, which could have been used as well.

735x414mv.jpg

Back in 2000 they could have made some sort of walk-on version of Wickerman Eddie if they wanted to, instead of the version that they had behind the drumkit during Iron Maiden for some of the tour...

The Wickerman official video also has it's own Eddie, which could have been used as well.

Yeah, a walk-on Wicker Man Eddie would have been great. Not that Ed Hunter Eddie was ugly, but it was used in the previous tour and it's not on the BNW album cover - this is the first and only tour to not feature the Eddie from the album cover on stage.

But I think big Eddie (i.e. TWM Eddie) was great. It looked monumental behind the drums and Bruce singing from there was cool with all the maidens.
I agree that they also could have used the Eddie from TWM video - he has that classic Eddie face.

Here's a different big Eddie from the BNW tour - it seems they used a different one at the start of the tour:

Attachments

• imwe.jpg
    imwe.jpg
    353.7 KB · Views: 35
Back