IRON MAIDEN REFERENDUM 2020: Results -> Hallowed Be Thy Name wins for the 5th time!

Are you satisfied with the results?

• Total voters
It's impossible to choose between those two, but I'll vote for Rime Of The Ancient Mariner.

For me the definition of epic is ROTAM - perfect masterpiece!

Both songs are one of the best in the genre, but HBTN is probably the best heavy metal song of all time... with ROTAM right behind it.

Hallowed. Bruce's singing is relatively monotonous, and the vast majority of the song is just the guitars going up and down the scales.

Actually, I don't really find much of a chance to listen to Hallowed. If I want to listen to TNOTB, I choose the title track, Prisoner and COTD. If I want dark epics, I pick AMOLAD or TBOS. Hallowed just falls through the gaps.

Interestin opinion on Hallowed. Is there anyone else who would rate it so low? Its a genuine query and I humbly request no fucking lists in response.
Regarding epics only it's slightly above middle of the list (In a list of 40 seven plus minute songs I ranked it at #20 right above the Clansman). Never ranked all Maiden songs but I think Hallowed would be in a slightly above percentile.

Last edited:
No. When I said Rime, I meant voting against it. Hallowed for top Maiden song? Yeah, why not. Rime for best Maiden song? No thanks.
And when posted my comment, what I meant is that I expected Hallowed to be winning. It seems to not be the case so I thought that someone maybe accidentally voted wrong.

Back