Iron Maiden News, Links, and Interviews

X factor in 1995 was a horrible álbum. I was bitching whole Day about blaze voice and the never ending bass intro. This is not afraid to shoot strangers 2 or 3. Now i revisit this álbum more than often. and feels so great. Virtual xi its a classic maiden álbum with a singer that its not bruce
It's interesting how some albums we didn't like when they were released we like them years later. It was the same for me with Killers (*it was not the first Maiden album I heard). I think people initially disliked TXF album because of Blaze's voice. I don't have such a problem. And yes, the long intros started with this album (even Maiden's prog era).

I love VXI album, but I don't think it's classic Maiden, especially with some songs that are not typical for the band like Angel & Gambler, Educated Fool (mainly the chorus) and Como Estais Amigos (similar to 2 A.M.). Even the Celtic melodies in Clansman. The rest is classic Maiden though. The rock vibe in Lightning Strikes Twice can be heard in the 1990 and 1992 albums. And it's not on the level of Maiden's classic albums from the 80's (although I like it more than several albums of the band).

I actually find it a bit amusing. We have looked at Steve and some of his lyrics like Hell On Earth, and been thinking he is old school, with a mentality that everything was better in the past etc

But he doesn't really say anything at all, he just lives a quiet life and is nowhere to be seen nor heard outside of touring

Meanwhile Bruce has been complaining about everything there is to complain about all the time.

It's quite funny actually.

I actually find it a bit amusing. We have looked at Steve and some of his lyrics like Hell On Earth, and been thinking he is old school, with a mentality that everything was better in the past etc

But he doesn't really say anything at all, he just lives a quiet life and is nowhere to be seen nor heard outside of touring

Meanwhile Bruce has been complaining about everything there is to complain about all the time.

To me, the lyrics of Hell On Earth read more like they're about the climate crisis and how everyone is ignoring it because they're too busy fighting each other over relatively trivial shit - to humanity's collective peril.

I'm ok with Bruce complaining about whatever he wants. He's educated and well-travelled. Many of his opinions are fucking bananas, but at least it's fucking bananas-ness is based out of some kind of learned brain.

But also, never meet your heroes. Even Maiden. I don't care what they think or don't think. Just keep making good music and good shows and I'm a happy guy.

I'm ok with Bruce complaining about whatever he wants. He's educated and well-travelled. Many of his opinions are fucking bananas, but at least it's fucking bananas-ness is based out of some kind of learned brain.

But also, never meet your heroes. Even Maiden. I don't care what they think or don't think. Just keep making good music and good shows and I'm a happy guy.
I think the problem lies in that with Bruce, as of late, you're hard-pressed to just be a fan and ignore whatever his ass-backwards opinions are. Either they show up in his lyrics or he spouts off about them unprompted in an interview or he starts up the corona conspiracy rhetoric in Florida at a show, the point is, he wants them to be known and he makes it a thing that's difficult to ignore after a while.

At least with Steve his societal rants have become subtler and less of a regular occurrence and they only existed in the lyrics in the first place. Bruce seems to doing the opposite with his Churchill love letter for example.

Old man yells at cloud, Bruce was always like that tbh, part of the show

To be fair, with "somebody invented something", he COULD be referring to the lab theory, which isn't exactly an entirely baseless conspiracy theory…

Experts have studied this theory and consider it highly unlikely. So why highlight this of all things? It makes no sense.

But I don’t know either what Bruce meant exactly. That the unusually terrifying Bill Gates invented it?
90C7D7A1-3311-469E-AD3C-C103FB7E6387.jpeg

My opinion is that he meant that millions of people dying wasn't enough to justify the measures that we're brought in, i.e. there wasn't enough people killed for it to be considered a "pandemic".

He wasn't talking like that when he had covid himself, which leads me to believe that when he's down among the rednecks in Florida he's just telling them what he thinks they want to hear. Cyncial.

My opinion is that he meant that millions of people dying wasn't enough to justify the measures that we're brought in, i.e. there wasn't enough people killed for it to be considered a "pandemic".

He wasn't talking like that when he had covid himself, which leads me to believe that when he's down among the rednecks in Florida he's just telling them what he thinks they want to hear. Cyncial.

An absolute wanker.

Back