Iron Maiden News, Links, and Interviews

I'm ok with Bruce complaining about whatever he wants. He's educated and well-travelled. Many of his opinions are fucking bananas, but at least it's fucking bananas-ness is based out of some kind of learned brain.

But also, never meet your heroes. Even Maiden. I don't care what they think or don't think. Just keep making good music and good shows and I'm a happy guy.
He regularly proves he is not educated and not particularly clever. He wants the world to think so, but I've never bought that story. He has a fantastic voice, that's it.

He regularly proves he is not educated and not particularly clever. He wants the world to think so, but I've never bought that story. He has a fantastic voice, that's it.
You could make the argument that he doesn't come off as intelligent sometimes, but I don't know that saying he's educated is debatable. Because he is. Doesn't mean he has a masters degree. But a combination of formal education, world travel/experience and his exploration into his own hobbies doesn't leave someone as to be considered uneducated.

The Maiden PR machine certainly milked the idea of him being an intelligent man during the 80s, when there was a striking contrast between Bruce's interests and those of fellow rockers and used it to promote Maiden as the "thinking person's metal, but close to the working class roots". Nowadays, neither does Bruce come off as more intelligent than the average human being, nor are Maiden anywhere near their working class roots.

Pretty much. There's plenty out there to suggest that Bruce is an intelligent person in some areas an unintelligent in other areas. Pretty sure that's just being a normal person. I agree that Maiden pushed a certain image for PR purposes in the 80s, but that's still true today. Obviously Bruce's public image in recent years is calculated to appeal to their audience. Where being a “thinking man's metal band” was unique in the 80s, clearly they see an advantage to being more low brow today.

I went to one of Bruce's speaking shows and, to put it nicely, it was definitely not a “thinking man” sort of audience. The Maiden/Bruce camp is probably aware of that.

The Maiden PR machine certainly milked the idea of him being an intelligent man during the 80s
Just out of curiosity, how did they milk that idea in the 80s? In my opinion the best manifestation of Bruce's intelligence is him becoming a pilot in the 90s, but that's in the 90s.

Just out of curiosity, how did they milk that idea in the 80s? In my opinion the best manifestation of Bruce's intelligence is him becoming a pilot in the 90s, but that's in the 90s.

He was presented as some sort of Renaissance man: fencer, erudite reader, etc., which was a contrast with other rock stars from the same era.

I was wondering when Bruce would touch upon this subject. Good, 'cos, I agree, too, it was man made and, if you look on the net, the prime minister or whatever he is/was, from Spain, made a public speech, by March/2020, saying the corona virus was created in such lab, its patent was number blah blah and he was took off the event and minutes later, he came back, to say, against his will, the pandemic was on and it wasn't man made.

I saw these masks, on the supermaket, saying 'kills 99% of coronavirus' and I felt like a clown. Obviously, something was thrown in the air; I saw plenty of strips in the sky and heard loads of aircraft noises in the sky, on high noon, during all the pandemic period and it was, obviously chemtrails, like it's been done since the 40's. Plus, several people I know reported, to me, about being in hospital, what happened, what they went through and saw, and, it wasn't really a nature's thing as it was determined.

What I'm really critical, on Bruce, is he voted for brexshit and speech about one family, before blood brothers. That bothers me.

Last edited:
He was presented as some sort of Renaissance man: fencer, erudite reader, etc., which was a contrast with other rock stars from the same era.
Exactly. And he was hailed by some journalists as some sort of intellectual. Comes to mind in that respect an interview he gave to a french mag where he explained the lyrics of Revelations. Utter pretention. I immediately hated this side of the character. The man is full of himself.

I was wondering when Bruce would touch upon this subject. Good, 'cos, I agree, too, it was man made and, if you look on the net, the prime minister or whatever he is/was, from Spain, made a public speech, by March/2020, saying the corona virus was created in such lab, its patent was number blah blah and he was took off the event and minutes later, he came back, to say, against his will, the pandemic was on and it wasn't man made.

I saw these masks, on the supermaket, saying 'kills 99% of coronavirus' and I felt like a clown. Obviously, something was thrown in the air; I saw plenty of strips in the sky and heard loads of aircraft noises in the sky, on high noon, during all the pandemic period and it was, obviously chemtrails, like it's been done since the 40's. Plus, several people I know reported, to me, about being in hospital, what happened, what they went through and saw, and, it wasn't really a nature's thing as it was determined.

This sounds alot like something that's already been debunked:

Just some advice. You sound like my crazy dad.

Sounding like my crazy dad is not a good thing. My dads brain has been melted by YouTube and now he can't function in social situations. Because no one wants to hear his conspiracy bullshit.

This sounds alot like something that's already been debunked:

Just some advice. You sound like my crazy dad.

Sounding like my crazy dad is not a good thing. My dads brain has been melted by YouTube and now he can't function in social situations. Because no one wants to hear his conspiracy bullshit.

Believing in checkfacts or politicfacts makes you really smart. I envy you.

Back