Iron Maiden News, Links, and Interviews

I can name many ''bad albums'' (and more simplified ones) released by great metal bands. TXF and VXI are not such albums, the former even by Maiden standards. Both albums are full of great and interesting ideas... (how can they be bad). For example, TXF is the opposite of a simplified album. Every album has some minor flaws and despite those in VXI, for me a song like ''The Clansman'' (or ''Sign Of The Cross'') is better than whole albums of some bands. The article lists albums that are bad by a band's standards, but I don't think that's the right argument for this type of ranking - of course VXI is a worse album than SSOASS (every band has weaker albums if we compare them to their classic albums), but that doesn't mean it's one of the worst albums in metal or that it's bad.

Edit: Objectively speaking, none of Maiden's albums belong on this ranking.

Last edited:
I can name many ''bad albums'' (and more simplified ones) released by great metal bands. TXF and VXI are not such albums, the former even by Maiden standards. Both albums are full of great and interesting ideas... (how can they be bad). For example, TXF is the opposite of a simplified album. Every album has some minor flaws and despite those in VXI, for me a song like ''The Clansman'' (or ''Sign Of The Cross'') is better than whole albums of some bands. The article lists albums that are bad by a band's standards, but I don't think that's the right argument for this type of ranking.

Edit: Objectively speaking, none of Maiden's albums belong on this ranking.
The X Factor is a dark masterpiece.
Not a single weak song on it!

Objectively speaking Swansong, TXF and Jugulator are good albums
Also not in any way an objective statement, other than shoehorning the word "objectively" into it.

On the other hand, saying that Blaze frequently misses his notes on The X Factor is objectively true, as it can be measured and verified independently by anyone. Whether this makes the Blaze albums bad or not is a subjective judgment.

I think Maiden deserve to be on the list as they are clearly one of the greatest metal bands. I think that's the point of the list, that in comparison to the rest of their own material, some great bands have put out weaker albums.

Certainly, I think there is a huge case to be made for Virtual XI being much, much worse than TXF however. The only argument I can see for having TXF rather than VXI, was that by VXI people had lowered their expectations.

An absolute slap in the face to Metallica having two albums on it, and Korn only 1. Saying that Korn, certainly have qualified to be on the list by releasing shite albums, they should not be on the list as they are not a great band.

I think that you know better than me...btw Event T-shirt Tampa Artwork Hervé Monjeaud. I apologize if already share...

Attachments

• 313364543_3221988434684675_7617227192324314634_n.jpg
    313364543_3221988434684675_7617227192324314634_n.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 16
  • 312826893_3221988401351345_7497075858681817731_n.jpg
    312826893_3221988401351345_7497075858681817731_n.jpg
    171.6 KB · Views: 16
I think Maiden deserve to be on the list as they are clearly one of the greatest metal bands. I think that's the point of the list, that in comparison to the rest of their own material, some great bands have put out weaker albums.

Certainly, I think there is a huge case to be made for Virtual XI being much, much worse than TXF however. The only argument I can see for having TXF rather than VXI, was that by VXI people had lowered their expectations.
X factor in 1995 was a horrible álbum. I was bitching whole Day about blaze voice and the never ending bass intro. This is not afraid to shoot strangers 2 or 3. Now i revisit this álbum more than often. and feels so great. Virtual xi its a classic maiden álbum with a singer that its not bruce

Back