Iron Maiden News, Links, and Interviews

Google translate with some fast tweaks

Atlantis FM has 'blacklisted' Bruce Dickinson until he apologises​

"He would not dare to insult a Briton, a German or an American," the station emphasized in a statement​

Atlantis FM has 'blacklisted' Bruce Dickinson until he apologises

ShareTweetPostE-mail
Newsroom
Last Saturday, OAKA shook to the sounds of Iron Maiden 's songs . A lot of people were there to listen to the "kings" of heavy metal music.
However, an incident that occurred was discussed just as much as the concert. In particular, while the first notes of the song "The Number of the Beast" were heard, someone lit a flare, which caused Bruce Dickinson to explode, as it is known that he abhors the smoke generators and flares that some people sometimes light at the concerts of the legendary complex.

In fact, the specific fan of the band was particularly close to the stage and the smoke from the flare "suffocated" him. " You fucking cunt I'm singing ", is one of the expressions he is heard saying to the viewer in a video making the rounds on the internet.

Atlantis FM has announced that it is blacklisting Bruce Dickinson, as he says he insulted all Greeks with the characterizations he made and until he apologizes, he will not play his songs with Iron Maiden.

The Atlantis announcement​

Atlantisfm.gr puts Bruce Dickinson in the "black list" for the great insult towards the Greek people. His reference to the nationality of the person – without even knowing it – during the OAKA concert was not only intended for him.
To his face, he insulted all Greeks , many of whom have repeatedly honored IRON MAIDEN, putting their hands deep in their pockets each time to see them again.
It is certain that Bruce Dickinson would not dare to insult a Briton, a German or an American by putting their national identity in his mouth in their own country. Here, he thought to be easy? Obviously. So, until Dickinson apologizes to the Greeks, atlantisfm.gr will play IRON MAIDEN only with the voices of PAUL DI ANNO and BLAZE BAYLEY.

Last edited:

Google translate with some fast tweaks

Atlantis FM has 'blacklisted' Bruce Dickinson until he apologises​

"He would not dare to insult a Briton, a German or an American," the station emphasized in a statement​

Atlantis FM has 'blacklisted' Bruce Dickinson until he apologises'blacklisted' Bruce Dickinson until he apologises

ShareTweetPostE-mail
Newsroom
Last Saturday, OAKA shook to the sounds of Iron Maiden 's songs . A lot of people were there to listen to the "kings" of heavy metal music.
However, an incident that occurred was discussed just as much as the concert. In particular, while the first notes of the song "The Number of the Beast" were heard, someone lit a flare, which caused Bruce Dickinson to explode, as it is known that he abhors the smoke generators and flares that some people sometimes light at the concerts of the legendary complex.

In fact, the specific fan of the band was particularly close to the stage and the smoke from the flare "suffocated" him. " You fucking cunt I'm singing ", is one of the expressions he is heard saying to the viewer in a video making the rounds on the internet.

Atlantis FM has announced that it is blacklisting Bruce Dickinson, as he says he insulted all Greeks with the characterizations he made and until he apologizes, he will not play his songs with Iron Maiden.

The Atlantis announcement​

Atlantisfm.gr puts Bruce Dickinson in the "black list" for the great insult towards the Greek people. His reference to the nationality of the person – without even knowing it – during the OAKA concert was not only intended for him.
To his face, he insulted all Greeks , many of whom have repeatedly honored IRON MAIDEN, putting their hands deep in their pockets each time to see them again.
It is certain that Bruce Dickinson would not dare to insult a Briton, a German or an American by putting their national identity in his mouth in their own country. Here, he thought to be easy? Obviously. So, until Dickinson apologizes to the Greeks, atlantisfm.gr will play IRON MAIDEN only with the voices of PAUL DI ANNO and BLAZE BAYLEY.
To paraphrase my "dear" president Macron, Bruce will surely say : "ça m'en touche une sans bouger l'autre." In english, "it touch me one without moving the other one." Yes, Macron about his balls. And Bruce will surely think and say the same. That's not a greek radio that will hurt the band and its fanbase. Maiden doesn't need radios to sell records and concerts tickets.

To paraphrase my "dear" president Macron, Bruce will surely say : "ça m'en touche une sans bouger l'autre." In english, "it touch me one without moving the other one." Yes, Macron about his balls. And Bruce will surely think and say the same. That's not a greek radio that will hurt the band and its fanbase. Maiden doesn't need radios to sell records and concerts tickets.

Surely not, but this is indicative of the discontent of some people in Greece, which in my opinion should have been addressed already by the Management

Surely not, but this is indicative of the discontent of some people in Greece, which in my opinion should have been addressed already by the Management
I'm sure that Maiden won't never apologize for Bruce's behaviour in Athens. Those would should apologize, should be the security agents who always let people in with flares in stadiums or arenas in Greece. Their behaviour is not professional because it does not guarantee the crowd security. Flares can set concerts halls on fire. I'm a former firefighter and fire safety officer. And so, I know what I'm talking about. And I think the band will have the same reasoning as mine. OK, I recognize that it was not fair from Bruce to insult one guy using the term "greek", he could have said "cunt" instead of "greek cunt". But, greek people shouldn't waste their time waiting for some apologize from Maiden management.

I'm sure that Maiden won't never apologize for Bruce's behaviour in Athens. Those would should apologize, should be the security agents who always let people in with flares in stadiums or arenas in Greece.

Also Iron Maiden should apologise. Bruce clearly said something wrong and insulting and the word is out. I understand little man's big ego but the Management has zero excuses.

Except if.. What's Rob's height? :D

I wonder if they’ll release a statement. “Everybody loves Greece, except for Greek hooligans”. Or, if they‘ll skip Greece next tour.

BTW 2005 Maiden gig I attended, between songs, Bruce: “Ladies and gentlemen, we’ve got a problem with the electricity! Everybody put your hands up in the air!” Audience does as he says. Bruce: “That was a really bad joke, but it works for Switzerland.” He mumbled the last bit, and I only understood him later on video. Asshole, lol.
Anyway, Greece is a beautiful country with a great history, and pretty much everybody knows that. You are over-reacting a bit as well IMO.

I wonder if they’ll release a statement. “Everybody loves Greece, except for Greek hooligans”. Or, if they‘ll skip Greece next tour.

BTW 2005 Maiden gig I attended, between songs, Bruce: “Ladies and gentlemen, we’ve got a problem with the electricity! Everybody put your hands up in the air!” Audience does as he says. Bruce: “That was a really bad joke, but it works for Switzerland.” He mumbled the last bit, and I only understood him later on video. Asshole, lol.
Anyway, Greece is a beautiful country with a great history, and pretty much everybody knows that. You are over-reacting a bit as well IMO.

Yeah probably. But still the disappointment is genuine.
It’s not a band is my favorite band. Expectations are high. Shouldn’t have been high for Maiden?

People wanted not so long ago a statement about Ukraine by Maiden, now some apologize from the band's management for what happened in Athens... I understand that Bruce's words were offensive and insulting, which were for sure, but Iron Maiden is a rock/metal band. And rock/metal bands have always been excessive and provocative. So is Maiden. Sex, drugs and rock'n'roll is the Law in the most parts of metal world. So is boundary crossing...

Ukraine is not exactly same, since they didn't do anything wrong towards their fans then. As for the definition of R'n'R, I'm not sure if sex & drugs applies to Maiden. Certainly not now. Even in their peak they never been in par with G'n'R and similar bands abuse-wise in the 80s.

On the contrary. Iron Maiden taught me that R'n'R need not be dirty it can be decent and made for thinkers at times. They were never cheap.
So no. I don't agree with you. Most of us are here exactly because Maiden were precisely no T-Rex, or G'n'R or Motley Crew.

R'n'R should be decent. Anything should be decent. Anyway, for all the above reasons, I was expecting better.

Ukraine is not exactly same, since they didn't do anything wrong towards their fans then. As for the definition of R'n'R, I'm not sure if sex & drugs applies to Maiden. Certainly not now. Even in their peak they never been in par with G'n'R and similar bands abuse-wise in the 80s.

On the contrary. Iron Maiden taught me that R'n'R need not be dirty it can be decent and made for thinkers at times. They were never cheap.
So no. I don't agree with you. Most of us are here exactly because Maiden were precisely no T-Rex, or G'n'R or Motley Crew.

R'n'R should be decent. Anything should be decent. Anyway, for all the above reasons, I was expecting better.
I agree with you. I also hope for some words by Rod Smallwood about this incident. But, unfortunately, the band and its management are always assuming what happened in the past and never apologize for anything they've said or done. These guys never look back in the past, they live the present to build their future. And yeah, Maiden is no G'n'R or Motley Crüe, but I've read in some interviews that Steve has done for french magazines that early Maiden was not so distant from the Sex, Drugs & Rock'n'Roll creed. They've made a lot of parties where alcohol and some marijuana were the norm. And about "sex", they never had a lot of groupies after Bruce's arrival in the band, but in some records booklets you can see half naked women... So, they were quite respecting this creed in their early days, a bit less after 'Piece Of Mind'...

Last edited:
I agree with you. I also hope for some words by Rod Smallwood about this incident. But, unfortunately, the band and its management are always assuming what happened in the past and never apologize for anything they've said or done. These guys never look back in the past, they live the present to build their future. And yeah, Maiden is no G'n'R or Motley Crüe, but I've read in some interviews that Steve has done for french magazines that early Maiden was not so distant from the Sex, Drugs & Rock'n'Roll creed. They've made a lot of parties where alcohol and some marijuana were the norm. And about "sex", they never had a lot of groupies after Bruce's arrival in the band, but in some records booklets you can see half naked women... So, they were quite respecting this creed in their early days, a bit less after 'Piece Of Mind'...

You know, it came a lot in my mind the Eggfest incident in 2005. Bruce was badmouthing Ozzy & family the whole tour, somebody should have told him to stop after the first 2 -3 shows. I mean, what the fuck he is a big baby? The eggs incident was a direct consequence.

The legend says that Chirac pronounced this sentence, not Macron

Legend says a lot about Chirac's sexual life in general, hahaha :D

Back