Iron Maiden News, Links, and Interviews

Imagine the conversation between Rod and Bruce when they were planning the tour:

Rod: And then we use the same props...
Bruce: No, we have a new album, a new Eddie with a sword, we need to show that!
Rod: Oh, bloody 'ell Bruce, how are we going to do that?
Bruce: A swordfight!
Rod: But we already have a bloody swordfight!
Bruce: We can have a longer one. And I will be channelling my inner Churchill fighting against a Japanese Eddie.
Rod: That is going to cost a bloody lot of money!
Bruce: Let's charge £35 for a T-shirt and £100 for a sleeveless denim jacket with some Maiden patches.
Rod: Bloody 'ell, let's do it!

2 eddies confirmed :facepalm:
Maybe it will be only one Eddie : the samouraï Eddie. Bruce has said in an interview last year that it would be fun to fight a samouraï Eddie with a light saber... In the video we can see the samouraï Eddie to shut the flightcase in which there is the trooper Eddie... That means that the trooper Eddie will go out and the samouraï Eddie will come in... OR, the last LOTB poster on which we can see the both Eddies fighting is the option that has been chosen by the band and Bruce fighting with them two could be something fun to see...

Maybe it will be only one Eddie : the samouraï Eddie. Bruce has said in an interview last year that it would be fun to fight a samouraï Eddie with a light saber... In the video we can see the samouraï Eddie to shut the flightcase in which there is the trooper Eddie... That means that the trooper Eddie will go out and the samouraï Eddie will come in... OR, the last LOTB poster on which we can see the both Eddies fighting is the option that has been chosen by the band and Bruce fighting with them two could be something fun to see...
tumblr_8ef54959a92d148b5ee235519c8443ad_796b80a2_250.gif

My ranking :

Masterpiece => Powerslave, Piece Of Mind, Somewhere In Time, Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son, The Number Of The Beast, Brave New World, The X Factor, A Matter Of Life And Death
Great => No Prayer For The Dying, Dance Of Death, Iron Maiden, Killers, The Final Frontier, The Book Of Souls
Good => Fear Of The Dark, Virtual XI, Senjutsu

My ranknig:

Masterpiece: Powerslave, Somewhere In Time, Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son, Brave New World, A Matter Of Life And Death, Senjutsu
Great: Iron Maiden, The Number Of The Beast, Piece Of Mind, Fear Of The Dark, The X Factor, Virtual XI, Dance Of Death, The Book Of Souls
Good: Killers, No Prayer For The Dying, The Final Frontier

It's funny I read everyone's rankings and I'm always wondering 'How can they rank this or that album so high / low'?
Then I remember how drastically my own rankings have shifted over the last year or two and how they continue to do so.

Must be said these merch prices are getting outrageous. £80 for a hoodie!
£50 would still be a rip off but I'd stretch to it if I liked the design, but £80 is insane.
Yeah, that's too expensive. As a fan, I can buy CD's and a ticket, but I can't buy some clothes at these onerous prices...

Last edited:
I read somewhere else (another rock/metal forum) the following as a response to Gwar's comment: Iron Maiden might be just a bunch of British old women at this point, with the exception of Dave Murray, who is just like two British old women at this point.
the replay to Gwar could be: Better looks like British old women than a bunch of walking shits

Back