Iron Maiden News, Links, and Interviews

a pic shown during this interview features a fucked up H face.

View attachment 17847

edit:

in fact, most if not all look like a ridiculous job

View attachment 17848
Well you can't blame them for trying ...
Jesus_PaintingNEW_293150090.jpeg

:lol:

Interesting interview with Bruce (AMOLAD era):

His least favorite song from the album is ''Different World''.

I think this is one of the finest MAIDEN albums we've ever done. I'm really proud of it. I think, sound-wise, it's probably the best album we've ever recorded.

I think you could look at 'Dance of Death' as being a kind of preparation, stepping stone, if you like, towards this album. But I think this album has so much more than 'Dance of Death', and actually more than almost any other IRON MAIDEN record. Other IRON MAIDEN records up until this moment… there's a depth to some of the songs and there's depth of feeling to some of the lyrics on this album that I don't think we've managed to achieve for a long, long time. We've tried with other records, but this one, it's just… I mean, if you listen to a song like, say, 'Out of the Shadows', there's nothing about that song which sounds like we were making an effort to sound like that; it just sounds natural, and it's clear and natural. And so much of the album sounds like that. When it's getting complicated, it doesn't get out of control — it keeps the power. The intros, they are 'folkey', but without being kind of embarrassing. Everything is just pitched in the right place, and it's very rare that that happens. And it all happened very quickly.

I think 'The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg' is gonna be the track we release, and if people say, 'Well, it's not a single,' we say, 'Well, we don't care. 'Cause we wanna release something which is representative of the album, and that track, the first track ['Different World'], is really the odd man out of the album. It's the most normal sounding track on the album — probably my least favorite track on the album — so I think 'Benjamin Breeg' is such a great track — it's so heavy.

When I came back to MAIDEN, I was a very different singer to the guy that I was when I left. Having worked with a lot of different musicians, having done solo records — in particular, 'The Chemical Wedding' — I really expanded my range, not just vocally, but in terms of songwriting, and I brought that back, I think, into MAIDEN, and each album, I think, we've been moving towards really interesting territory. And I'm so pleased with this one. 'Brave New World' was good as far as it went. It didn't step into any really, really new territory. And then 'Dance of Death', yup, we tried a few things on 'Dance of Death' — some of them worked, some of them didn't work quite so good, but you know what? It gave us the confidence to do this album, and this album, I think, is really special. I think a lot of people are going to be, when they hear it, it's gonna take them a few weeks to get their heads around it. But that's all gonna be good.

AMOLAD was also voted #1 album (along with DOD and TFF at #2 and #5 places respectively) by Sweden Rock Magazine of the Top 10 albums of 2001-2011.

Any reason in particular why you brought it up? There are hundreds of interviews with Maiden on internet. What's next?

If you wanted to present that Different World comment, you can always do that in that song topic as well.

Any reason in particular why you brought it up? There are hundreds of interviews with Maiden on internet. What's next?

If you wanted to present that Different World comment, you can always do that in that song topic as well.
The interview is not only about ''Different World'' (curious info, btw), you know... it's about the AMOLAD album (we don't have a General Album Discussion thread for it) and a few other things. Plus the interview is very interesting imo (not every interview is).
Because he felt like posting an interview with Iron Maiden on the Iron Maiden News, Links, and Interviews thread makes sense? There is nothing stipulating that the interviews have to be recent...
Thank you.

Last edited:
Because he felt like posting an interview with Iron Maiden on the Iron Maiden News, Links, and Interviews thread makes sense? There is nothing stipulating that the interviews have to be recent...
That's not true. This topic was made for that single idea. NEW things. News, new interviews.
I'm not making it up. Just scroll this topic (pre-Kalata era please) and you'll see that was the main focus.

Not too long ago I tried to explain the purposes of this topic and a few other ones.
= = =
Iron Maiden News, Links, and interviews
I believe @Brigantium initiated this, somewhere in 2015 perhaps, when The Book of Souls came out, with lots of articles and interviews.

She merged (or requested to merge) several topics that had to do with Maiden news. That's what it is: news, new interviews. When a new album comes out, you get a lot of written interviews, articles, and sometimes video or audio. First I did not like it a lot because I felt interviews (video/sound) belonged well in the other topic as well. Then I realized it was about everything news. So also non video/audio (most of it, in fact). So not long afterwards, I saw the difference and accepted it.
= = =

It is not the biggest deal, but if we're changing this, I'd rather see 2 topics. One for new interviews, and call the other "random interviews from the past" or something.
These are really two types of interest. Being interested in what goes on now, and being interested in whatever person A or B said in the last 40+ years.

Last edited:
Nope. This one is for the new stuff.

If one or two people keep doing their obsessive daily ritual (posting random stuff in random topics), it is probably much easier to simply ignore them.

Last edited:
@Forostar, it seems this is a big deal for you and you have some problem with me (this is not for the first time) - it's awkward and it's personal. And btw, my post is not off-topic, since we don't have another thread for Maiden interviews (or news or links).

Can someone from the moderators say if this is such a big problem and what we can post in this thread, please?

I went through the original few pages, and the thread was just opened with no stated purpose. I don't see an issue with posting dated interviews if they are 1) new to the thread and 2) from the band.

That said, this thread is getting massive and unwieldly, and is hardly a good reference document. As the band ages, we're going to become one of the best spots to find archival material. I agree that Foro has a bit of a point.

Maybe, instead of detracting negatively, let's think positively - is it time to start moving articles off to individual album forums for future viewing?

I agree with LC. It would be helpful to have a bit more organization. Personally, I’m not really interested in an interview from 10 years ago especially when the band is (theoretically) doing press for a new album. But it would be helpful to, say, go into the AMOLAD sub forum and quickly dig up an interview if I’m trying to figure out what Bruce’s favorite song from that album is.

The IMC used to be a great resource for era specific interviews, but it’s extremely out of date and not even all encompassing for the eras that do have interview content. Interview threads for each album in the appropriate sub forum could be a helpful resource and maybe declutter this thread some. If somebody wants to embark on that project, it would be a service to the community.

I think I combined another thread with this one at some point because several new ones with similar themes were started around the time of TBOS

I agree with LC. It would be helpful to have a bit more organization. Personally, I’m not really interested in an interview from 10 years ago especially when the band is (theoretically) doing press for a new album. But it would be helpful to, say, go into the AMOLAD sub forum and quickly dig up an interview if I’m trying to figure out what Bruce’s favorite song from that album is.

The IMC used to be a great resource for era specific interviews, but it’s extremely out of date and not even all encompassing for the eras that do have interview content. Interview threads for each album in the appropriate sub forum could be a helpful resource and maybe declutter this thread some. If somebody wants to embark on that project, it would be a service to the community.
@The_7th_one made a topic in (some of) the album subfora, specifically for scanned magazine articles. A place for non scanned/magazine interviews in each era could be a good solution indeed.

Maybe, instead of detracting negatively, let's think positively - is it time to start moving articles off to individual album forums for future viewing?

It's a great idea and up to you mods to decide, as it will take from your time. Normal members cannot move threads etc. For start, we could create a thread to brainstorm with ideas how to improve the organization, if there's the will to do so. Personally I'd be willing to put some hours of mine into this, obviously a long term project.

Regarding what Mosh said, I think it's a good idea to start putting old interviews in the Commentary section, generic ones in a dedicated legacy interviews section and song specific in the song section.

Back