Iron Maiden News, Links, and Interviews

Maiden finished 4th in the fan vote:

Maiden finished 4th in the fan vote:

Only 4th? Fela Kuti? I've seen and heard that but still..it gives pretty good summarize of the whole hall of fame. I don't even care if they make it or not..but thinking of Maiden, their influence and legacy will be massive anyways.

Only 4th? Fela Kuti? I've seen and heard that but still..it gives pretty good summarize of the whole hall of fame. I don't even care if they make it or not..but thinking of Maiden, their influence and legacy will be massive anyways.
Exactly but we must remember Maiden didn't support the action at all. I don't think they'll be inducted. After the Bruce's attitude and the political correctness... But who knows?!

Mick Wall does a podcast, Getcha Rocks Off, and a recent episode was about Maiden. The format is just two guys having a light hearted chat about the band, with a bit of banter.

And it’s all over.

Inductees:
— Foo Fighters
— The Go-Go’s
— Jay Z
— Tina Turner
— Carole King
— Todd Rundgren

I don’t care much about Jay Z, and Foo Fighters have one good song which is only an afterthought compared to a lot of ‘90s alt, but the rest deserve it. I’ve been voting Maiden, Kate Bush, and Rundgren every time I remembered, “Oh right, the Rock Hall is doin’ that thing again.”

Randy Rhoads and Billy Preston also got the musical excellence award so that’s cool I guess.

It still doesn’t make a lot of sense to me to have a fan poll and not let it count for more than 1 vote. Just cap it at 1 vote per person and let it count. Fela Kuti took the poll by storm and given all the love he got I think he deserved more from this, even if I don’t really care about the music. Jay Z came dead fucking last but he’s a shoe in for no discernible reason. Maiden beat the Foo Fighters deservedly since they don’t make elevator grunge and yet it’s like they don’t exist. I know I’m just saying everything they’re already criticized for but it still bugs me. Like if you’re gonna discount the fan vote, then Kate Bush should be in, smh.

Back