Iron Maiden News, Links, and Interviews

I think you’re only eligible for the hall of fame if it’s been at least 25 years since the first record featuring you was released. Depending on when the nominations happened, Blaze might have been just under 25 years.

From the Wiki. Deeper in the article it sites Bruces comments. Good read on what a joke the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame really is.

The most frequent criticism of the Hall of Fame is that the nomination process is controlled by a few individuals who are not themselves musicians, such as founders Jann Wenner and Suzan Evans, and writer Dave Marsh, reflecting their personal tastes rather than public opinion as a whole. A former member of the nominations board once commented that "At one point Suzan Evans lamented the choices being made because there weren't enough big names that would sell tickets to the dinner. That was quickly remedied by dropping one of the doo-wop groups being considered in favor of a 'name' artist ... I saw how certain pioneering artists of the '50s and early '60s were shunned because there needed to be more name power on the list, resulting in '70s superstars getting in before the people who made it possible for them. Some of those pioneers still aren't in today."[54] Sister Rosetta Tharpe is often considered "The Godmother/Grandmother of Rock & Roll", but was not chosen for induction until 2017.[55][56] Velvet Underground drummer Maureen Tucker has dismissed the Hall of Fame as the "Hall of Lame".[57]

Last edited:
I think you’re only eligible for the hall of fame if it’s been at least 25 years since the first record featuring you was released. Depending on when the nominations happened, Blaze might have been just under 25 years.

Wolfsbane's first studio album was released in 1989.

Wolfsbane's first studio album was released in 1989.
He wouldn’t be being nominated for Wolfsbane, though. To get inducted as part of Iron Maiden I think it would count from the release date of The X Factor.

It's also been 25 years since that came out, so The X Factor is eligible.
It has been now, but my point was that it might not have been when nominations opened for this round. I’m not sure what their timeline looks like, but it’s a possible factor here.

It has been now, but my point was that it might not have been when nominations opened for this round. I’m not sure what their timeline looks like, but it’s a possible factor here.
Fair point. So next year, then.

Reactions: Jer
Good read on what a joke the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame really is.
Every Rock And Roll hall (of fame) without Ronnie James Dio is a joke! Not to mention without bands like Maiden, Priest, Scorpions, Rainbow... they are epitome of the genre ''rock''.

Last edited:
Let them nominate Maiden next year again, then.

Every Rock And Roll hall (of fame) without Ronnie James Dio is a joke! Not to mention without bands like Maiden, Priest, Scorpions, Rainbow...

I honestly wasn't aware there was more then one. Im generally opposed to the whole concept and not just because my favorite band and/or member isn't included.

HoF selecting who gets in and who doesn't is just another way of forcing their opinion about the particular band's career. Janick will be induced as a long standing current member, but as far as HoF (and mainstream) is concerned, Maiden is first 5 albums. That's why absolutely the most unimportant person on Maiden official recording gets induced but Blaze who wrote songs and performed hundred+ dates all over the world doesn't.

HoF depicts them as rock dinosaurs. I can't imagine Bruce up on that stage, having to emphasize they're a "living band" like Ian Gillian had to. I can't imagine Maiden up on that stage in front of an audience that's equally prepared for them, Jay-Z, and The New York Dolls. I mean what the fuck is that.

Frankly I’m surprised that they’re nominating the current lineup, I would’ve expected Janick to get snubbed. That being said, the fact that they’re being thorough and including Dennis Stratton tells me that Jer is probably accurate that the Blaze snub has more to do with the nomination process taking place last year before X Factor would’ve been eligible. Regardless, outrage over what an irrelevant institution in Cleveland does is silly. These clowns get way too much attention.

I don’t expect Maiden to get in, I’m surprised they were even nominated in the first place. The only good thing to come out of the hall of fame ceremonies are reunions and one-off jams. It would be cool to see all current and former Maiden members on stage together.

I expect the following bands to get in: Foo Fighters, Devo, Jay Z, Carole King, Rage, Tina Turner, maybe Chaka Khan.

The only chance Maiden has is if the HoF is trying to have one metal act per year, but even then Rage might count for that.

Back