Iron Maiden News, Links, and Interviews

I notice it says "out September 7th".

Does anyone know the real date that it became available from the FC? Wikipedia says 28th July which is obviously bullshit, my memory is that it was later than September 7th as it was delayed for a bit and then was announced that it would be available from the FC only.

Could the Blaze situation have been a cause for the scrapping of the single? I always suspected that the scrapped it because of the prospect of poor sales but maybe they wanted to keep it low key as they knew Blaze was going? We know that the band knew Bruce was coming back in Japan, which was mid November.

Ironmaiden.com says: 28/07/1998
Metal-archives says: September
IronMaidenCommentary: 28th september

The Northamerican Tour begun in june 1998 maybe it was released for that market but seeing that in september they were back in Europe it's possible too.

Ironmaiden.com says: 28/07/1998
Metal-archives says: September
IronMaidenCommentary: 28th september

The Northamerican Tour begun in june 1998 maybe it was released for that market but seeing that in september they were back in Europe it's possible too.

If I remember correctly, the single was not released in most countries and the USA was definitely not one of those who saw this release.

If I remember correctly, the single was not released in most countries and the USA was definitely not one of those who saw this release.

I don't think it was released anywhere other than mail order from the Fan Club. That's how I got my copy.

I don't think it was released anywhere other than mail order from the Fan Club. That's how I got my copy.

By the time the single was released, I had kind of lost interest, so I did not bother buying it.

Funnily enough, after I finally became a member of the FC in 1999 and one of my magazines got lost shortly after that, Laz sent me a nice compensatory package including, among other things the Futureal CD-single, signed by the whole band (1998 line-up)! :lol:

Mine is a digipack cd single with the following:
The cover is the same that the cd-1 of that promo-poster.
1. Futureal
2. The evil that men do (Live from Gothenburg 95)
3. Man on the Edge (Live from Gothenburg 95)
4. The Angel and the Gambler (enhanced video)
+ Double side poster: One side is the Futureal artwork by Derek Riggs and the other side is the cover of the cd2 with Tour dates (Sept & Oct 98)

…So it's possible that I bought it the release date in september.

Ireland,

Maybe it was just the UK and Ireland that it was not available from record shops, like wasting love and lord of the flies.

In Spain the same. cd-singles weren't available . I'd like to remember when and where I bought it, but I can assure you that was in other country trough import mail record-shops from Germany or Holland. Wasting Love and Lord of the flies were rare to find and they came from there.

I remember that magazine article. I used to own it as well. Would really have been interesting if Bruce's acoustic ideas in 1986 had materialized. I think it would either have been genius or a total flop. I think after Live After Death, many fans were happy they just got "another" metal album instead of a more progressive direction.

I notice it says "out September 7th".

Does anyone know the real date that it became available from the FC? Wikipedia says 28th July which is obviously bullshit, my memory is that it was later than September 7th as it was delayed for a bit and then was announced that it would be available from the FC only.

Could the Blaze situation have been a cause for the scrapping of the single? I always suspected that the scrapped it because of the prospect of poor sales but maybe they wanted to keep it low key as they knew Blaze was going? We know that the band knew Bruce was coming back in Japan, which was mid November.

The earliest physical CD I know off was available February 23, 1998 and I seem to remember was the FC version

I think that with the wickerman cd-single is the same thing. cd1-cd2 and one cd3 (the european version) with all of the songs from cd1 and 2

The earliest physical CD I know off was available February 23, 1998 and I seem to remember was the FC version

By then Virtual XI has not even been released! If I remember correctly, the first news about the Futureal single came out in the summer, way after the album had been released.

By then Virtual XI has not even been released! If I remember correctly, the first news about the Futureal single came out in the summer, way after the album had been released.

Hmmmm probably it was a private copy from the studio but I'm pretty sure it was available on date (not for the general public then)

There is a couple of advance promos from VXI. Including one unmastered version that you can hear Nicko counting in Futureal. That has the first 3 tracks from VXI on it.

Back