Iron Maiden News, Links, and Interviews

How the NWOBHM was born: https://www.loudersound.com/features/how-the-new-wave-of-british-heavy-metal-was-born

A great article about this great movement told by some of the keys members of some bands (including Maiden).

The main players in the birth of the NWOBHM

Geoff Barton - Legendary Sounds (and current Classic Rock) journalist. The first person to use the phrase ‘New Wave Of British Heavy Metal’ in print.

Biff Byford - Barnsley-born Saxon singer. Has fronted the band since they formed as Son Of A Bitch in the mid-70s.

Fast Eddie Clarke - Former Motörhead guitarist and sole surviving member of the classic line-up. Formed Fastway after his departure in 1982.

Jess Cox - Original singer with Whitley Bay NWOBHM pioneers the Tygers Of Pan Tang. Resurrected groundbreaking label Neat Records in the early 90s.

Andy Dawson - Guitarist with Mansfield band Savage, whose track Let It Loose was covered by Metallica on an early demo.

Bruce Dickinson - Leather-lunged former Samson singer (also known as Bruce Bruce). Later replaced Paul Di’Anno in Iron Maiden.

KK Downing - Long-time Judas Priest guitarist. Left the band in 2011 and has since opened a golf course.

Joe Elliott - Singer and founder member of Def Leppard, the first of the NWOBHM bands to make it big in America.

Ashley Goodall - Former EMI Records A&R man. Signed Iron Maiden and helped put together the groundbreaking Metal For Muthas compilation.

Rob Halford - Judas Priest singer, and the man who helped give metal its iconic leather uniform.

Steve Harris - Founder and driving force behind Iron Maiden, the most successful NWOBHM band of them all.

Neal Kay - DJ, tastemaker, compere and founder of legendary north London rock mecca the Heavy Metal Soundhouse.

Rick Savage - Def Leppard bassist and founder member.

Brian Tatler - Guitarist and founder of Diamond Head, whose self-released Lightning To The Nations album was one of the NWOBHM’s early successes.

Thunderstick - Also known as Barry Graham Purkis, ski-masked former Samson (and, briefly, Iron Maiden) drummer. New album Something Wicked This Way Comes is out soon.

Tommy Vance - Late Radio 1 DJ and presenter of Radio 1’s The Friday Rock Show. AKA The Voice Of Rock.

Tony Wilson - Creator and producer of The Friday Rock Show.

I'm interested in finding the advert for the Futureal single that was never released but I'm not really interested enough to ask. I had a look on the forum though and it doesn't seem there is anything even close to 1998 from Kerrang listed

16 rarely performed Maiden (classics) songs that Planet Rock would love to see live:

https://www.planetrock.com/news/roc...ormed-iron-maiden-songs-wed-love-to-see-live/

Are you agree with their choices...

1.Alexander The Great
2.New Frontier
3.The Loneliness Of The Long Distance Runner
4.Journeyman
5.The Fallen Angel
6.Judas Be My Guide
7.Don't Look To The Eyes Of A Stranger
8.Still Life
9.Caught Somewhere In Time
10.Stranger In A Strange Land
11.Sea Of Madness
12.Back In The Village
13.Total Eclipse
14.The Thin Line Between Love and Hate
15.Paschendale
16.Different World

16 rarely performed Maiden (classics) songs that Planet Rock would love to see live:

https://www.planetrock.com/news/roc...ormed-iron-maiden-songs-wed-love-to-see-live/

Are you agree with their choices...

1.Alexander The Great
2.New Frontier
3.The Loneliness Of The Long Distance Runner
4.Journeyman
5.The Fallen Angel
6.Judas Be My Guide
7.Don't Look To The Eyes Of A Stranger
8.Still Life
9.Caught Somewhere In Time
10.Stranger In A Strange Land
11.Sea Of Madness
12.Back In The Village
13.Total Eclipse
14.The Thin Line Between Love and Hate
15.Paschendale
16.Different World

To be honest, I am not that interested in them playing some of those songs. Hearing Paschendale live again would be great though.

DLTTEOAS is the Maiden song I would least like to see live.

I think it's a great song. The heavy repetition don't annoy me so much, in opposite with TAATG.
To be honest, I am not that interested in them playing some of those songs. Hearing Paschendale live again would be great though.

Paschendale is a must. From this list I personally want to see every song live without #2,4,11,13 and 14.

And #1 is a myth already... :p

Back