Iron Maiden News, Links, and Interviews

Chris Jericho pick his fantasy Maiden setlist (for 2019): https://www.loudersound.com/features/we-got-chris-jericho-to-pick-his-fantasy-iron-maiden-setlist
In the link also has his comments for every song and why he chose it.

I must say it's a pretty good setlist with the exception of the song #2 .....
1.Caught Somewhere In Time
2.Invaders
3.Infinite Dreams
4.Die With Your Boots On
5.Sign Of The Cross
6.Killers
7.The Number Of The Beast
8.These Colours Don't Run
9.Prowler
10.The Book Of Souls
11.Powerslave
12.Fear Of The Dark
13.Fates Warning
14.The Trooper
Encore:
15.Aces High
16.Brave New World
17.Hallowed Be Thy Name
Let him send this to 'Arry.

Yeah I know you're nothing like View attachment 8267
True, I’m not a fan of your metaphor. :ninja:
I ain't no mod, but personally a one week ban would be a fitting punishment, buddy. Unless @Jer forgives that very poor and insulting comparison, buddy
That’s OK, I’m sure he’s nothing like
Spotted-Dick-8-cropped.jpg

I would say I’d love to see that abomination banned from all future set lists, but that would belong in the blasphemy thread, I guess...

It's not one of the strongest songs from the band, but I can't imagine a concert without this song anymore - it must be there.

^ One interesting piece of info is that the Strange World case seems to be settled, one way or another.
@Forostar

I really wish Dennis hadn't chosen to team up with McKay.

Thanks !

Didn't watch it yet, but I never like it when nothing is said about how it is settled. They do not speak about a settlement. Just "that's all good". "Everything is fine".
As long as he does not have a credit yet, it is not settled. Not well, at least (in my eyes).

Last edited:
Thanks !

Didn't watch it yet, but I never like it when nothing is said about how it is settled.
As long as he does not have a credit yet, it is not settled. Not well, at least (in my eyes).
But if he's ok with it? Better than nothing I guess.
And he's a gent for sure.

But if he's ok with it? Better than nothing I guess.
And he's a gent for sure.
If he's okay with no one knowing that he had written (parts of) the song. Fine for him. But I would not be happy about it myself. And as a Maiden fan who wishes everything to be as correct as possible, for historical reasons, I do not find this okay.

If he's okay with no one knowing that he had written (parts of) the song. Fine for him. But I would not be happy about it myself. And as a Maiden fan who wishes everything to be as correct as possible, for historical reasons, I do not find this okay.

I kinda of agree with you. Being a lawyer, whenever someone who claims to have done something settles the claim with the other part, "proves" that the claim was right, so in this case that's what I consider happened. One can actually do A LOT of research and kind of find out the truth but I don't think the effort is worth while

I would say I’d love to see that abomination banned from all future set lists, but that would belong in the blasphemy thread, I guess...
Though I don't consider it to be an abomination, it's not even on my top 3o. That being said I think that, regarding tradition (being the last song of the set) and stage antics (Eddie) it's one of the few songs that must feature in every single Maiden show. I am not a fan of the track per se... but it would feel incomplete leaving a Maiden gig without the guys playing it. At least it has that amazing dual guitar followed by bass and drums alone before our favorite living dead dummy comes by to say hello.

Last edited:
A remarkable case of biased, manipulative "journalism":
https://www.metaltalk.rocks/paul-mario-day-iron-maiden
One, you're supposed to be reporting on the Cart Day event featuring Paul Mario Day, why bring up Dennis
"Willcock" on one line and "Wilcock" on the very next, now that's professional
and the court case? Except, of course, that your website has a grudge against McKay.
Two, Prowler "pre-dating the time when Day's successor, Dennis Willcock, joined the band" is manipulative to the extreme: during the Q&A session - available on the web - Paul clearly says he does not remember doing that song, and as for Iron Maiden, Dennis only claims he changed words to an already existing version, i.e. he never said some version of it did not exist before him joining the band. It really doesn't matter in this particular case if Dennis has grounds for his claims or not - it's about metaltalk deliberately manipulating.
Disgusting.

Back