Iron Maiden News, Links, and Interviews

That paragraph really was weird. I'm not on McKay's (or Dennis', for that matter) side in this whole thing, but that's a personal opinion that should not reflect on neutral journalism. That whole paragraph seemed completely disconnected from the rest of the article, as if it's there for the sake of being there. The article is certainly not about the court case (not even close), so why bring it up out of the blue? Disgustingly manipulative indeed.

For those who can read French, Metal magazine Rock Hard (I know, silly name) have released a few weeks ago a special issue containing all their interviews with Maiden members, concert and album reviews since the reunion happened. I had missed it when it was released, but bought it recently and it's really interesting (146 p.).

A belated thanks for the heads-up. I recently bought this together with the Rock Hard issue featuring Bruce on the cover and the lengthy interview you kindly scanned for us. Very interesting!

"As far as I'm concerned anyway, I don't see any reason why we should ever retire. As an airline captain, I was always told that nobody ever dies on an airplane.

"Even if the guy's head is severed from his body, he's not dead, because if the boss, the captain... If somebody says, 'The guy's head has fallen off.' 'Well, is he dead?' 'Well, he's not dead until somebody legally says he's dead.'

"So, nobody dies until somebody stands up and says, 'Yup. He's definitely dead.' 'Ha! You're responsible then. You killed him.' So, it's the same with rock and roll bands. We will never die. Even if we are actually dead, we will still never actually die."

Incoherent rambling is a sign of dementia, isn't it? :S

Incoherent rambling is a sign of dementia, isn't it? :S
I think I kind of understand what hes saying - that they'll never make an official announcement saying they're finishing, they'll just stop doing stuff without telling us! So we'd never know it was the last album, last tour etc- until a year or 2 down the line when there hasn't been anything happening since! Best enjoy it while we can!!!

I think I kind of understand what hes saying - that they'll never make an official announcement saying they're finishing, they'll just stop doing stuff without telling us! So we'd never know it was the last album, last tour etc- until a year or 2 down the line when there hasn't been anything happening since! Best enjoy it while we can!!!
Also that even if they stop touring and recording new music, the band will still live on because people won't just suddenly stop listening to Iron Maiden's music.

It's... kind of an empty statement and represents a sentiment that's about as original as Nomad's middle section but it works and he's absolutely right. I consider it a victory these days if we get a Bruce interview and he says nothing unquestionably and absolutely embarrassing or stupid or both.

An oldie...

D0ZKVdtWwAAzgl8.jpg

"Samson, the band who have masked drummer Thunderstick and very little else."

Whoa, savage.

Back