Iron Maiden News, Links, and Interviews

Who's played the most Maiden shows ? (Steve and Dave)... singer, guitar and drums total -> http://ultimateclassicrock.com/iron-maiden-singer-guitar-drums/

Interesting statistic for the other band members. | Total Maiden's concerts so far: 2,174 (according of the info in this site)

Maiden must have played more shows than 2,174 as Dave has done that many according to the stats, and Steve has played Maiden shows without Dave in the beginning. Interesting though! ;)

Maiden must have played more shows than 2,174 as Dave has done that many according to the stats, and Steve has played Maiden shows without Dave in the beginning. Interesting though! ;)

Yeah, I also think they must have been more (2,740+, maybe).

According to setlist.fm the song Iron Maiden has been played 2222 times and that song has been played on every concert, sooo.... o_O

According to my list, since 1976 to 2018 they have played 2375. If you add the booked shows for 2019 that makes it to 2413.
The link explains that it’s only tracking shows since the release of the debut album.

Oh I've missed this. As @Luisma said, it's pretty accurate then.

But can the info on setlist.fm be accurate and reliable ?

Well if you take in consideration that I have listed 2375 concerts then, the affirmation of Iron Maiden (the song) being played 2222 times is no very accurate, however, the setlist it provides are pretty accurate.

Here's an interesting interview with Paul done in 1984. It presents some interesting facts that I have never listened by Paul (he wanted to play/sing more melodic songs). I have always listened he said he wanted to play heavier or more like punk songs.

Well if you take in consideration that I have listed 2375 concerts then, the affirmation of Iron Maiden (the song) being played 2222 times is no very accurate, however, the setlist it provides are pretty accurate.

Yeah, they are very accurate with the setlists, but may I ask you how did you calculate your score ?

Here's an interesting interview with Paul done in 1984. It presents some interesting facts that I have never listened by Paul (he wanted to play/sing more melodic songs). I have always listened he said he wanted to play heavier or more like punk songs.

Awesome, just awesome. Nice findspic.

The best song from every Maiden album picked by Ultimate Classic Rock -> http://ultimateclassicrock.com/best-iron-maiden-songs/

Prowler
Wrathchild
HBTN
The Trooper
2MTM
Wasted Years
SSOASS
Tailgunner
FOTD
SOTC
The Clansman
The Wicker Man
Paschendale
BTATS
IOA
TRATB

Can live with most of them. But Wrathchild over Killers? 2MTM over Rime and Powerslave? IOA over WTWWB and Talisman? And the greatest shithouse in this list: TRATB over TBOS and EOTC?

Can live with most of them. But Wrathchild over Killers? 2MTM over Rime and Powerslave? IOA over WTWWB and Talisman? And the greatest shithouse in this list: TRATB over TBOS and EOTC?
They were probably chosen because of their live performances, but I still don't get IOA over WTWWB.

Well that's their choice,but I also will pick Wrathchild as the best song from Killers.

Adrian is right, great rocker full of energy.... and not by accident it is a live staple. Killers is also a very good song - it's the title track, what else we can expect. :)

I think Adrian had said (on some interview during TFF era... 2010 tour) that Wrathchild is one of his favorite songs.

"... “The Red and the Black” just noses ahead for its classic-era feel."

Ah, it was written by a Play-Classics fan. Everything is clear now.

They were probably chosen because of their live performances

Which makes Red and the Black over Book of Souls even more questionable. I love TRATB but its instrumental section was the only time I felt disinterested (only slightly, mind) during the concert I attended. TBOS on the other hand was the unquestionable highlight of the show.

Which makes Red and the Black over Book of Souls even more questionable. I love TRATB but its instrumental section was the only time I felt disinterested (only slightly, mind) during the concert I attended. TBOS on the other hand was the unquestionable highlight of the show.
I never saw a show from the tour, but just from the Live Chapter vids, the instrumental section in TRATB was incredible, better than the studio version in that regard.

But this list is coming from Ultimate Classic Rock, who didn’t even include Hallowed or Rime in their original Maiden Top 10 list, so what can one expect?

Back