Iron Maiden News, Links, and Interviews

Good to hear. I hope the rest of the band feel the same way and still have that drive to write new songs and create new music.

I'm willing to bet that Maiden has enough musical creativity in them to continually write songs forever and ever and ever. Sure, they usually stop at 10 songs, but I bet they could write 100 great songs and it wouldn't take too long to do so.

Travis_AKA_fonzbear2000 said:
I'm willing to bet that Maiden has enough musical creativity in them to continually write songs forever and ever and ever. Sure, they usually stop at 10 songs, but I bet they could write 100 great songs and it wouldn't take too long to do so.

Janick said that he went into the studio with an hours worth of material for the new album. Thats an album by itself.

I think that Steve takes a few ideas and then merges them in the same song, so the best stuff gets used.

I honestly hope they, at least, release one last album, and if possible, in the same style of the post reunion albums!

After retirement I'd love if they release a album or two with songs from all albums session's that, because of a way or another, didn' make to the final albums!
Of course,the latter they would release this the better!

I thought I've read that none of their albums have full songs that didn't make it to the final album, but it would be sweet to hear whatever was rejected by Steve.

Yeah you're right, I remember reading something like that as well, but i always thought it was only refering to the period post-reunion, but I'm not sure about this.

But it would be great to hear all the ideas that, perhaps they worked on, even if not in the form of 'complete songs'.

Travis_AKA_fonzbear2000 said:
I bet they could write 100 great songs and it wouldn't take too long to do so.

Please see cases Fear of the Dark, Killers, Dance of Death, and Virtual XI. 

Well, a lot of that has to do with the creativity. Maybe Janick showed up with a ton of material, but how much of it was good? Maybe H only showed up with 6 songs, and maybe Dave had 400 but only one made the final go. Steve gets the final say, and there's no doubting that now, and H doesn't always like it.

FotD and VXI were a product of the decisions made by Steve to pick certain material over others; I think FotD was also influenced by Steve v. Bruce, which probably didn't help the writing aspects. Killers was the "material left over from Iron Maiden". And Dance of Death has songs that are generally alright, but unique in a lot of ways. I don't think it's filler, I think it's stuff Steve/Bruce wanted to try and just didn't fly.

Back