Iron Maiden News, Links, and Interviews

Haha, Bruce really is fantastic. He's just down-to-earth and calls bullshit left right and center. Thanks for the snippet Jeffmetal!

I love it how Bruce never misses the chance to diss reality tv. :D  Good interview, but it felt a bit short.

Natalie said:
Haha, Bruce really is fantastic. He's just down-to-earth and calls bullshit left right and center. Thanks for the snippet Jeffmetal!

No prob, strange kind of woman. ;) :ok:

I love it, Alex! In fact, AMOLAD is my least fave Maiden album, although it contains 4 classics. The Final Frontier is the mature stage of what begun on AMOLAD (some say it began even before). Every song has its own life and there's the palette of colours that monochromatic AMOLAD just hasn't, even if on purpose. The environment the band recorded the album also played a great deal to make the band shine throughout the album; amongst the last 4 Maiden album, it's only below BNW musically, and production wise it's quite there with BNW.

Jeffmetal said:
I love it, Alex! In fact, AMOLAD is my least fave Maiden album, although it contains 4 classics. The Final Frontier is the mature stage of what begun on AMOLAD (some say it began even before). Every song has its own life and there's the palette of colours that monochromatic AMOLAD just hasn't, even if on purpose. The environment the band recorded the album also played a great deal to make the band shine throughout the album; amongst the last 4 Maiden album, it's only below BNW musically, and production wise it's quite there with BNW.

Funny you describe it as "monochromatic" - that's exactly how I feel, yet it's still my favorite record pending continued listens of TFF.  I love the consistency, how it feels like a giant hour-long epic.  That being said, TFF's variety is giving it a ton of re-spin value.

Back