Iron Maiden News, Links, and Interviews

"The Clairvoyant" was for Seventh Son, that's what started the idea for the concept album I do believe.

Maybe the first song written for the first Maiden album was Prowler.

I think The Wicker Man was the first song written for BNW album.

Possibly the Wicker Man because the main riff has been played by Smith, sort of speak, in 1999 as rhythm guitar part in Futureal at the Murray/Gers solo, and the instrumental/solo of the Wicker Man mostly rehashes licks Smith played in his solos on AOB, WTTW and TCW.

I know Gangland was the first song recorded for TNOTB, but I don't know if it was the first written.

Possibly the Wicker Man because the main riff has been played by Smith, sort of speak, in 1999 as rhythm guitar part in Futureal at the Murray/Gers solo, and the instrumental/solo of the Wicker Man mostly rehashes licks Smith played in his solos on AOB, WTTW and TCW.

A few songs from Brave New World were intended for Virtual XI, but it could be that Wicker Man was the first song actually for the album, if that makes sense.

Maybe the first song written for the AMOLAD album was Different World - I'm not sure, but I think Adrian says that, around 3:38.

We need this kind of documentary about the making of TBOS album and I personally would like for the BNW album too.

I liked your conclusion, that list gave me cancer. They name something U2 as rocking hard as ever I youtube it and now I have a chain of cancers.

Yeah, totally agree with you. Some ''music critics'' should not try to do a heavy metal/rock albums lists/rankings !

Maybe the first song written for the AMOLAD album was Different World - I'm not sure, but I think Adrian says that, around 3:38.

We need this kind of documentary about the making of TBOS album and I personally would like for the BNW album too.

I seem to recall reading that when they where writing AMOLAD, they felt they were missing a short rocker so they wrote Different World. A filler basically.

I agree. Not sure about which TBOS song was written first (Adrian and Bruce wrote together in the summer before going to the studio), but the first one to be recorded was 'The Great Unknown'.

I seem to recall reading that when they where writing AMOLAD, they felt they were missing a short rocker so they wrote Different World. A filler basically.

But on the video Adrian says that it was the first song that the band had worked for the album. And it is not a filler for sure, one of the best songs on the album, great short rocker and a fantastic song to open the album ! Adrian's solo is magical.

Poto is recalling Alchemist story if my memory is correct. Different World came out of Smith's 7/4 riff in the first writing session for AMOLAD. A opener, played on tour of course, and a single. That isn't filler by definition.

Back